• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will my PC be able to handle ArmA 2?

I currently have:

AMD Athlon X2 5600+
    2GB DDR2-800 RAM
    Nvidia Geforce 8800GT 512MB

Will I be able to run ArmA 2 decently? (decent = 25-30fps) Under what settings?

Would upgrading to 4GB RAM be able to increase my performance much?

Re: Will my PC be able to handle ArmA 2?

If you go with that setup you'll probably be able to run it max low at maybe 15 FPS, some people get better, some get worse.

If anything I'd upgrade the GPU as Arma 2 isn't a ram hog surprisingly. An 8800GT will have a hard time pushing out decent framerates but it also depends on how big your monitor is.

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
    In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

I would be running this on a 19" monitor, using either 800x600 or 1024x768.

Comment

Running at that resolution you may be fine with that setup although I really can't say. If you have the money then I would say buy the game and see how it runs, if it runs below what you want then invest in a stronger card, you can typically find the high-end cards running around $200 now and sales keep popping up for lots of the GPUs out there.

You would really have to ask someone that has an 8800GT and is running Arma 2 to find out how you'd fare with it. Might be a good idea to request that an admin moves this to one of the Arma 2 forums as I don't think many of them wander through this section of the forums.

EDIT: I forgot that the 8800GT is actually a decent card and should allow you to run at normal with AA off at that resolution I believe with maybe a couple settings on low. Still, it's best to ask someone that has an 8800GT :)
        Last edited by Pistolfied; 08-16-2009, 10:44 PM.

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
        In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

You'll be able to run it smoothly at medium settings. Though I wouldn't suggest having AA or AF on if you get into a bigger firefight or want to try it on high(er) settings.

I don't own the game, but one of my clan buddies does and he also has a 512 MB 9800GT (which is a rebrand of the 8800GT). He's running it at medium-high settings, no AA, no AF, and using a 21" LCD monitor @ 1440 x 900.
          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
          TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
          Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
          Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Codename, as cheap as RAM is right now, I would look at going with a full 4 gigs. A high end 4 gig kit can be found for about $35, maybe cheaper after rebates on sites like Newegg.com and Zipzoomfly.com. That would help take care of one possible bottleneck for very little cost.

Are you running XP?

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X