Headset Hints? Headaches Hurt My Head

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headset Hints? Headaches Hurt My Head

So, I use headsets to play games, like most people, I think. I use a great set of high quality earbuds for music from my ipod, and if I'm at my computer, I use my speakers.

But unfortunately, I have yet to find a headset that doesn't give me a headache. All of them seem to pinch my head, and I can't play games for all that long without needing to pop some ibuprofen. The loud sounds don't help, but I don't think this is the primary reason for my headaches.

So I'm asking suggestions for headsets that won't lead to this problem. While I would like some quality, I'm willing to consider just about any headset that rectifies my problem.

Bonus points for headsets that have a USB option (my current one plugs into a usb adapter). My desktop rests on the floor, and the ports are a little difficult to swap out every time I want to switch from speakers to headphones.

So, I've tried above the head and behind the head headsets. Right now I use altec lansing gaming headset which isn't terrible, but I still would like to find a better option.

A good guide is any headset that would have to expand to fit on my head is going to be a no go. Any item that involves the word "snug" will not work.

Thanks!

Re: Headset Hints? Headaches Hurt My Head

I know exactly what your talking about, my old Razor headset gave me many headaches. I moved on to these:
    http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-PC-...0550544&sr=8-5

Might not be what your looking for but I find these very comfortable. I wouldn't say that they fit tightly or loosely. The pressure isn't really noticeable. Sound quality and microphone is excellent.

Ever thought of getting a seperate mic and using your earbuds? That could be an option if even a set with pressure as light as these still give you headaches.
    Something like this:
    http://www.amazon.com/Zalman-Microph...ref=pd_sim_e_4
    Last edited by machowner; 08-17-2009, 08:15 PM.

Comment

I use a RCA Y-splitter (http://www.cablesnmor.com/rca-adapter-cable.html). That way I have my speakers and headset hooked up.

Here is the USB version of the headset I use: http://www.plantronics.com/north_ame...rance-60699-04

Comment

Originally posted by Global.Cooling View Post
        I use a RCA Y-splitter (http://www.cablesnmor.com/rca-adapter-cable.html). That way I have my speakers and headset hooked up.
        I second these. I had mine hooked up like this a while ago.

Comment

What you need is a set of high quality over the ear headphones, preferably a set of open ones. Sennheiser HD 580 is what I've been using for about 10 years. I can wear them for 8 hours at a time without fatigue. However, they have been discontinued :( Look here for current models: http://www.headphone.com/headphones/full-size.php. Don't be afraid to spend - $100 headphones rival $1000 speakers.

Keep your volume as low as possible to prevent fatigue. Do not accept headphones that squeeze your head. They should be light and very, very comfy.

In ear buds are bad for you in the long term. And if anyone disagrees about that, it's likely cuz they are young and full of super healing powers.

Closed headphones (they do not let outside sound in) tend to be less comfortable and have a lower sound reproduction quality compared to open models at the same price point.

IMO: Forget that USB nonsense. Get a set of high end headphones and a $5 clip on mic. If your sound card sucks (mobo soundcard), your new awesome headphones will cause you to soon buy a nice sound card as listening to the crackle and pop of the power switchers and the hum of the hard drives gets old.

Keep it in perspective - both your health and your gaming experience are at stake.

Comment

I second the Sennheiser PC 350s. I use them and they are awesome.

Comment

The Sennheiser 350s are also getting a big thumbs up from me. Another thing to keep in mind if you find a non-usb solution that fits your bill: grab a stereo Y splitter from radio shack. They're like 6 bucks. You'll never have to swap plugs again.

Comment

I use Logitech G35 and it's pretty much perfect! The 7.1 surround helps me a lot, and I sometimes even forget it's on me - such a comfortable headset it is! It's quite expensive, though

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                  The Sennheiser 350s are also getting a big thumbs up from me. Another thing to keep in mind if you find a non-usb solution that fits your bill: grab a stereo Y splitter from radio shack. They're like 6 bucks. You'll never have to swap plugs again.
                  Exact same.
                  Viking

Comment

Yes Indeed.. Sennheiser CX300-B In-Ear Stereo Headphone is also a great headphone for me! this earphone is the best way to upgrade the sound from your iPod or MP3 player. The earphones that came with your player may not be up to what you expect. All users of MP3 players and iPods, get ready to upgrade your sound and style with the Sennheiser CX300 earphones. Upgrading earphones is the best way to customize the sound to what you want to hear. The Sennheiser CX300 provides accurate tones for tunes throughout the dynamic frequency range. With a 112dB Sound Pressure Level, you can lock out background noise and revel in the pleasure of listening to your music. And Sennheiser has been and is on the forefront of delivering great sound from audio systems great and small. Elevate your listening to transcendental pleasure with the Sennheiser CX300 earphones. Sennheiser is the acknowledged world leader in headphone-transducer technology. These CX 300 headphones are Sennheiser's leading introduction to in-ear-canal earphones. The CX 300 model is ideal for use with portable MP3, CD, MD, DVD players and many other portable devices with 3.5mm headphone sockets. Soft Silicone-Rubber Ear adapters in three different sizes are included to ensure a perfect fit, high wearing comfort and an excellent attenuation of ambient noise. Get away from the daily noise and surround yourself with private audio. The CX300 is the best partner for your player, your ears, and you.
                    Kind Regards,
                    Irene
                    ----------------------------------
                    Best Headphones

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed