video issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• video issue

grrrr....somethings going wrong...and I'm not sure what, or how to find out....

Every once in a while, the screen goes black, for about a second, then comes back fine....it may happen a couple times in a minute, then not do it again all day... Yesterday, I left the desk, came back, and the monitor was black, and nothing I could do, shy of the reset button would bring it back :evil: Now this evening it did it, and when I reset and it rebooted, XP wanted to send MS an error report, and it listed nv4_disp.dll as the offending file. hmmmm....?

I'm running XP, with an FX 5200, it's worked fine for a month, and now all of the sudden a glitch ? oh...and I'm using the 4523 drivers....

hmmmmmm

is the cards fan still spinning?
    From Adam Webb

Comment

yup...it is... also...it blacked out, and recovered twice a bit ago, and both times, while it was out, maybe two seconds, I got a single short beep from the pc speaker.... :? then when I came back, after being gone 10 minutes, the monitor was black, the monitor was in power save mode ...and had to reset...again :evil:

Comment

*invalid session*
        *invalid session*
        *invalid session*
        *invalid session*
        *invalid session*
        *invalid session*
        *invalid session*
        *invalid session*
        *invalid session*
        *invalid session*
        *invalid session*
        *invalid session*
        *invalid session*
        *invalid session*
        *invalid session*
        *invalid session*
        *invalid session*
        *invalid session*

ooooooooh i can post.....

try some newer drivers phyllis...if not, try system restore to a week or so ago when you said you didnt have them problems....
        From Adam Webb

Comment

Rgr...will update to the 5216's and see what happens...the beep worries me though...if it could be a mobo issue...? :?

heh..."invalid_session" huh? ....I'm not the only one that gets that then.... :D

Comment

i never get Invalid Session errors..meh..probably cause im lower class

Comment

stooooooop spaming
              From Adam Webb

Comment

im nooooooot spamming dude..GOD DANGIT :? :?: im just trying to keep up with all the posts

Comment

*BUMP*

c'mon....all you tech minded people here...and only Adam has had a suggestion ?? I know this bunch has more than one resident hdwe genius :D

Comment

there are 53.03 drivers out, try them. www.guru3d.com

Comment

I updated to the 5216's last night, but it's done it twice since then, and Q said the GR graphics got fuzzy when he played it earlier this evening ... :?

As for the power settings, I have everything set to never shut down...
                      I'll give the restore a try inna bit.... but first I might try :

Originally posted by Emanon
                      there are 53.03 drivers out, try them. www.guru3d.com
                      Thanks Em, I didn't know those were out, I was at Nvidias site last night, and the 5216's were the newest they had listed...

One other question, would dropping back to DX8 change anything ?

Comment

no but it wouldnt be a bad idea to try the following cause it has fixed some issues that i had a while back.

reinstall DX 9.0b
                        Install latest graphic drivers (53.03)
                        Install/reinstall latest MB chipset drivers for Nforce its 3.13 you can get any latest driver at the website i provided.
                        See if you card is covered with dust(look under the fan)
                        if all else fails try a system recovery

Comment

i personally dont trust system recovery because you lose everything since the date picked, like programs shortcuts and such, Sometimes it doesnt allways fix the problem.

I use it as a last resort, cause im not totally sure what system recovery does and doesnt do.

Comment

how good is your power supply?
                            From Adam Webb

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse