Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

XFX - GREAT customer service! Very happy with them!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XFX - GREAT customer service! Very happy with them!

Greetings everyone! I just wanted to relay the events that happened to me in the last two weeks with XFX. About 2 years 2 months ago I purchased a 8800 ultra graphics card manufactured by XFX. At the time I had two older computers and I was hoping that the graphics card would extend the life of at least one of my computers a bit. The card was so large that it didn't fit well in one so that left the dual core e-machine. When I plugged the card in the computer it didn't work. I contacted XFX and they did everything short of coming to my house to try to fix the problem. They even offered for me to send the card back to them so that they could test it, but they recommend me calling e-machine first to see if there could have been a compatibility issue with the mother board. Long story short, e-machines was completely unhelpful! To the point and I quote "since you did not purchase the upgraded video card through us, we cannot help you with your problem" ...even though I told them all I wanted was some info on how to disable the onboard video and get some info on the chipset. ...anyways...I digress....I pulled out the 8800 Ultra and put it back in its box, until I was able to buy or build a new computer, I was sure that it was a mothernoard issue, not a bad card.

2 years 2 months later, I finally build my dream machine. I put the video card in and...NOTHING! Arghh...it was the card all along. So I call XFX to see if they can help. My warranty had expired 2 moths earlier. I explained the entire events to the technician and they had on file my original call from over 2 years ago. The technician asked me to send a copy of the invoice from Tiger Direct (thats where I purchased the card from) and asked me to send him the card. Four days later after I sent the card, I saw online, that the card tested faulty and that a replacement was on its way. Since the 8800 Ultra is no longer made, they sent me a newer card with slightly better performance than the 8800 Ultra. I got the new card back about a week and a half after I sent them the original card!

The entire process was not a chore at all!!! They were very helpful and, in my humble opinion, believe they showed exemplary customer service! I become loyal to any manufacture that helps their customers, don't make them jump through hoops for help, and actually stands by their product even though the warranty had clearly expired.

Any future graphics cards I purchase will from this point be XFX! On a side note ,XFX's new warranty is a lifetime warranty if it is purchased in North America and its registered within 30 days of purchase!

I highly recommend you consider them based on the excellent experience I had with them!

**** PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF THE 4TH SPECIAL OPERATIONS ****

Μολὼν λαβέ

**** PROUD to have been an Irregular**** ****PROUD to have been in the 11th AIR****

**** PROUD to have been in the 77th Headhunters****

sigpic

REAL pilots beat the air into submission!

Re: XFX - GREAT customer service! Very happy with them!

Glad everything worked out well for you.

On a different note I have been disappointed by Evga while trying to replace my 8800GT. I called Evga on the 24th of July and got my RMA approved so I sent my defective card in and they got it on the 31st and I received the new card on the 11th. I was eagerly anticipating the package and pulled out a 9800GT and booted up only to find that once the video driver started to load the card would lose connectivity. So after 2 hours of testing and driver cleaning (during this time I also discovered that one of the DVI ports was completely non-functional) I called Evga to get things sorted out. The CS rep was very helpful and after fiddling with a few things (while pulling cards in and out a capacitor on my 7800GT broke off but after some googling I found that it would run fine with out that capacitor) he offered to cross ship a new card to me, that was last Wednesday the 12th. I called last night to find out what the deal was and spoke with another CS rep and he flagged my RMA to get sent out ASAP. Here I sit with no proper GPU (although the 7800GT has proved to be quite resilient, I still cant play a modern game with it), while the people I have talked to have been very helpful the service of the rest of the department has been a bit of a nightmare especially when the box the new product comes in says "tested to assure quality".

XFX looks pretty nice right now.
    Reapator, overlord of ponies

Comment

Originally posted by Grim.the.Grim View Post
      2 years 2 months later, I finally build my dream machine. I put the video card in and...NOTHING!
      Wow, you kept that card in a box for two years?

Good story of customer service though, a company that treats it's customers well is always good to hang onto.
      |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Originally posted by snooggums View Post
        Wow, you kept that card in a box for two years?

Good story of customer service though, a company that treats it's customers well is always good to hang onto.
        Yup! Two years and they still took care of me. It does say a lot about their view of their customers!

XFX looks pretty nice right now.
        Reaperassault - I'm sure they'll get you up and running soon. I noticed that they,XFX, are about $10-$20 dollars more expensive then comparable cards, but they have gained my trust and business from now on.

Μολὼν λαβέ

**** PROUD to have been an Irregular**** ****PROUD to have been in the 11th AIR****

sigpic

Comment

Another satisfied XFX customer, here!
          I had to send back my 8800GTX after it went kaput on me.
          So after not having a chance to send it in for almost two months.
          I finally got it out the door and to them after my RMA had expired.
          They reactivated my RMA. Sent me a 9800GTX as replacement and in about a weeks time I had the card at my front door.
          After that my only problem was trying to decide on what game to play!

I will probably pick up a new 300 series Nvidia card from them in the near future.

Comment

With the amount of money that card cost, I would expect some customer support. You left out what slightly better card they sent you, care to share?
            |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

They sent me a gts250 with 1 mb of memory...not much compared to today's standards but still faster than the 8800 ultra

Μολὼν λαβέ

sigpic

Comment

I'll assume that is meant to say 1GB

a few GTS 250s in 3DMark06 (the only thing I could find to compare)

the original reviews
                8800 Ultra http://techreport.com/articles.x/12379/1
                GTS 250 http://www.cpu3d.com/review/7699-1/p...roduction.html

hate to rain on the parade a bit but, its still a respectable card but no Ultra

the GTS 250 = 9800GTX = 8800GTS

Comment

The GTS 250 may not perform quite as well as the Ultra but it does use a lot less power and generates less heat and there is definitely something to be said for that. Especially after the warranty had expired. Next time I upgrade my card, XFX will definitely be at the top of the list, especially since my cousin and I have been having amazing difficulty RMAing a lifetime warrantied 8800GTX through EVGA. (Their customer service used to be legendary. What happened?)
                  sigpic

Comment

makes me glad I paid the extra monies for an XFX Radeon as opposed to those other silly Radeon manufacturers. :)

Comment

Reaperassault-

Don't worry bro, you're not raining on my parade! I am glad you were able to find some actual data. I was not able to find anything. I am supper happy with the card. I am upset that I forked out almost $600 buck 2 years ago. But that was my choice back then. The card is doing great and it does use less power. It only uses a 1 six pin instead of the 2 six pin power connectors that the ultra used. Live and learn I guess. But it still holds, I will continue to purchase XFX just for their service and support. One day the card will grow up to be a GTX 285 or better yet a GTX 295!!!!

Μολὼν λαβέ

sigpic

Comment

You know I was researching the GTX 200 series cards and found the 275 FTW out performs the 285 and 295 series.

Comment

Wow really! Do you have benchmarks to show?

Μολὼν λαβέ

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by machineofdeath View Post
                            You know I was researching the GTX 200 series cards and found the 275 FTW out performs the 285 and 295 series.
                            No it doesn't. It is on par with a stock GTX280. It is beaten by the 285 (even at stock clocks) and the 295 blows it away in any application that uses SLI. You're getting terrible information from somewhere.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buckets View Post
                              No it doesn't. It is on par with a stock GTX280. It is beaten by the 285 (even at stock clocks) and the 295 blows it away in any application that uses SLI. You're getting terrible information from somewhere.
                              agreed

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...