No announcement yet.

Another " Which Graphics Card Should I buy" thread

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another " Which Graphics Card Should I buy" thread

Hey guys,

Gonna get a new video card for my Arma Rig. I'm looking at either the Sapphire Radeon HD 4890 XT or the XFX Radeon HD 4890 XT. I know both are going to perform very similar and that they are only slightly different than each other and the ATI reference board. Is anyone using either of these cards? How are they in ARMA2? Any heat problems? I'm currently using an original 4850 and this thing heats up to 95 degrees so I don't want to make that mistake again. Can you guys running Quads max out this game at decent frame rates with these cards?

I'm currently running Arma2 at normal to high settings on most @ 1650 res with 2400 draw distance and I'm getting avg 30 fps.

Rest of my specs
    Asus P5e3 Premium mobo
    4 gigs of G.Skill 1600 Ram
    Intel Q9550 2.83 @ 3Ghz
    XFI Titanium
    900 Watt Tagan PSU
    26" Samsung T260 Display

Should I wait for the 5800s that are seeming to take for ever to be released?

Hurtz sigpic

Re: Another " Which Graphics Card Should I buy" thread

Last I heard the 5800s are coming in September (not to long after win7 which is the 23rd of August), so not that long of a wait but AMD is going to have the time advantage this time around so expect prices to be on the upper end.

I would look to wait, I really doubt a 4890 is going to max ARMA2, but then again I doubt anything is going to max ARMA2 for a bit.
    Reapator, overlord of ponies

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed