10 things you need to know about HDMI 1.4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 things you need to know about HDMI 1.4

I know I posted here before back when 1.4 was just announced, and I searched for the thread to update it with this article, but can't seem to find it. HDMI 1.4 looks really good, but I can't believe it will take about a year to fully reach the market through all components :row__681:.

10 things you need to know about HDMI 1.4 Your complete guide to the next HDMI standard

The next-generation of HDMI interface has been rubber-stamped by the HDMI Licensing consortium. HDMI 1.4 isn't just a small upgrade, either.

With one eye firmly on the digital home there are several significant improvements to the technology, including integrated data connectivity and support for 3D. Here's what you need to know:

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: 10 things you need to know about HDMI 1.4

Wow, that looks pretty awesome actually. I can't wait to see what BS monster comes up with now :D

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
    In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

Re: 10 things you need to know about HDMI 1.4

Well, for the most part, it would look like some of the features in it are pretty much useless, at this point in times, such as the extremely high def. Most TVs the difference from 720 to 1080 is barley noticeable, let alone jumping that up 4X.

However, things like the Ethernet channel could have a purpose in the future.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X