The Direct-X 11 video you need to see

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Direct-X 11 video you need to see

Just like with the HDMI thread I did a search for the other threads where we talked about DX11, and can't find them. The search feature seems bugged for some reason.

But this video was just posted filmed behind closed doors at the recent QuakeCon 2009. Finally we get to see some DX11 in action with everything explained what we are seeing, and directly shown how good it will be at boosting FPS.

Check it out:
    AMD demos DX11 hardware at QuakeCon 2009

Remember, latest word is AMD wants to have this out the same time as Windows7 release, which is at the end of Oct.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: The Direct-X 11 video you need to see

Nice find. So when thinking about the new pc we should think about hardware that will be DX11 ready?
    The Old Guy
    kin3
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kin3 View Post
      Nice find. So when thinking about the new pc we should think about hardware that will be DX11 ready?
      If your new build includes any of the now top dollar cards, then I would definitely hold off until the DX11 cards are out. They will then be the top dollar cards, but at least they will have the new capabilities.

Comment

Being a NVidia fanboy is getting harder and harder.
        |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

Being a fanboy of anything in the computer industry doesn't make much sense considering how quickly each company leapfrogs the other. It's not like NVidia or ATI have ever had such a significant advantage over the other for such an extended period of time that would give actual reason to fanboyism.

I do like how DX11 is actually showing significant improvement over DX10. Unlike what DX10 did to DX9.

Comment

very good video, well worth a watch
            thanks for the find

Comment

I am very glad they are not just increasing the look in a huge amount but also utilizing all the unspent hp your gpu/cpu could be putting out. Love that they are being very fps friendly.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. ~ Jimi Hendrix

And isn't it a bad thing to be deceived about the truth, and a good thing to know what the truth is? For I assume that by knowing the truth you mean knowing things as they really are. ~ Plato

Comment

Quick update for the rumor mill

AMD's first DirectX 11 GPU caught on camera?

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post
                  Just like with the HDMI thread I did a search for the other threads where we talked about DX11, and can't find them. The search feature seems bugged for some reason.
                  Thread tagged. ;)

(Remember that those who start threads can add up to 5 tags, and responders get 2.)
                  Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s10Zu7C4Q9s[/media]

that's an upcoming directx 11 game, stormbirds.

Comment

Last I heard that game had been canceled. Has it been brought back?
                      And the vid is pretty old, I think before DX11 stuff had even been put together.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X