Palm Pilot Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Palm Pilot Help

Ok, first time poster. I did a really stupid thing the other day. I was busy and rather absent-minded.

I had recently gotten a Palm Pilot, and it's been working great. I had to recharge it the other day. *takes a deep breath* When I gathered the a/c adapter and the cradle, I accidentally grabbed the a/c adapter for my printer... Well..., needless to say, my Palm Pilot won't even turn on anymore...

Did I royally **** myself over on this one, or did I simply screw over the battery?
    "Fear is chaos. War is chaos. Chaos is unlimited power. It is a power that even the gods respect."

Wrong things to say when your gf says, "I love you":
    hahahahahahahaha
    uh thats nice but, yer not john
    yeah keep the change

Re: Palm Pilot Help

Originally posted by Magius Avvail
    Ok, first time poster. I did a really stupid thing the other day. I was busy and rather absent-minded.

I had recently gotten a Palm Pilot, and it's been working great. I had to recharge it the other day. *takes a deep breath* When I gathered the a/c adapter and the cradle, I accidentally grabbed the a/c adapter for my printer... Well..., needless to say, my Palm Pilot won't even turn on anymore...

Did I royally **** myself over on this one, or did I simply screw over the battery?
    Is it still under warranty? I think you might need it.
    New to TG?

Comment

Originally posted by USN_Squid
      Is it still under warranty? I think you might need it.
      OhoooOoo... That's a negatory, mysterious buddy. I got it cheap at an auction from the local school district. I take it I've fried more than just the battery...?
      "Fear is chaos. War is chaos. Chaos is unlimited power. It is a power that even the gods respect."

hahahahahahahaha
      yeah keep the change

Comment

Have you tried the reset button?

Comment

Originally posted by ><JohnGalt><
          Have you tried the reset button?
          No... I wanted to refrain from using it in case it's just the battery... *sighs* I suppose I can try it though... All that info..., gone... ;-;

hahahahahahahaha
          yeah keep the change

Comment

Originally posted by Magius Avvail
            I take it I've fried more than just the battery...?
            I don't know, but the only problem I've had with power was a shorted charging cradle which zapped the whole unit.

If the soft reset doesn't work (reset button on back) you may have to do a hard reset (hold pwr button and hit reset button) BUT this WILL erase all data and any other programs you've installed. At least you may still be able to use it though.
            New to TG?

Comment

palms and pockerpcs seem very vulnerable to power issues. I had a dell axim v50v fry after 2 days because I didnt charge it for 8 hours before syncing it..... WTH. anyway, I had an older casiopeia fry when I let the batt run 100% down... but a new battery and a little prayer got that one running again.
              Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
              The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Thanks for you help, guys. Neither reset method worked. Either the entire thing fried, or it just needs a new battery... I'm gonna get myself a new battery sometime soon and see how that works out for me. Thanks again!

hahahahahahahaha
                yeah keep the change

Comment

Have you Synced it?

If you just do a soft reset you won't lose your data... rtm....

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X