Windows XP weirdness

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows XP weirdness

something odd has happened today without my intervention.
    All of my Icons and shortcut icons have defaulted to the standard windows "I don't know what this is" icon, After some google searching I have found that this can be fixed by downloading the powertoys app and repairing the icons from within that application.

There is another issue though that is still causing me problems.
    The default double click action on all drives and some applications seems to have defaulted to "Search" instead of "Open".

Any ideas?

POE2 Developer

Re: Windows XP weirdness

With some further searching, I have found a solution to my second problem of the "Search" being the default action on my drives.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windo...dows-explorer/

It appears as though I have corrected any abnormal behaviour on my system, but I am still at a loss as to why it happened in the first place. I have not installed any new applications or games for almost 2 weeks (with the exception of the powertoys app about 30 minutes ago).
    You have any theories Bamboo? Maybe Windows had a 'blonde moment' and I'm just overdue a reformat?

POE2 Developer

Comment

did your computer shutdown abruptly? like some power failure, BSOD, or any crash?

Comment

Nope.

POE2 Developer

Comment

Check here for the most likely cause of the right click menu behaviour change. An XP bug.

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

The icon problem has occurred again today for no apparent reason. Once again, fixing it was easy with the TweakUI app, but I'm starting to think something is wrong with my Operating System now.

POE2 Developer

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X