Looking for a Webcam

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a Webcam

Hey guys! I'm looking to purchase a webcam. Nothing to fancy, but I would love decent video quality. No worries about mic quality, I plan on continuing to use my headset, or my condenser mic. This webcam will be used with Skype for calls. Any suggestions? I'm looking for something in the $50 range give or take.

Re: Looking for a Webcam

I have this one from logitech: quickcam ordbit

It is more than what you wanted spend, but I just wanted to let you know that I've have a good experience with the logitech webcam. It works great with skype and produces a nice smooth good quality picture. A friend of mine had one of their mid level models and it also was fairly good. We couldn't figure out why his had somewhat of a choppy playback though.

Comment

I took a look at that one. I looks great, but I'm not too sure I'm willing to shell $100 on just a webcam.

Comment

yea, the one I have is a bit pricey. I got it as a gift. Overall though I've been happy with the logitech brand webcams.

Comment

I use a Canon ZR600 and a ZR850 depending on my mood. Great picture though, it's a full blown MiniDV camera and not a webcam. Perhaps someone you know has a broken digital video camera that still send video via the firewire that you could use.

Comment

Originally posted by machowner View Post
            yea, the one I have is a bit pricey. I got it as a gift. Overall though I've been happy with the logitech brand webcams.
            How well does the orbit follow your movements? Is the video quality that much better then the Quick Cam Pro?

Comment

from what I can remember I think the picture quality is almost the same. The orbit follows movements fairly well.

Comment

I have the Quickcam Pro notebook... the silver one.. and it's run great
                "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams
                Former Captain of the 55th Infantry Division

Comment

I can't imagine using a webcam for regular phone calls. That would mean I'd have to get out of my bathrobe and get dressed and shave. :p

Now if you're planning on setting up an "entertainment service" ;) that's different.
                  Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

The one thing to also consider if you are updating to win 7 right after release is going to be driver support. Before buying one take a look on there websites to see if drivers for win 7 are going to be released for it.

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey View Post
                      I can't imagine using a webcam for regular phone calls. That would mean I'd have to get out of my bathrobe and get dressed and shave. :p

Now if you're planning on setting up an "entertainment service" ;) that's different.
                      I'm working with some other students to create an online (Skype) and in school tutoring service for those that need help, but would like to use the internet and Skype as a resource. Unlike other honors tutoring groups, we will be looking to utilize technology to help those in the program the best we can.

Comment

Have a look at the microsoft brand. I've heard good things.
                        http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16826105217

- -

Comment

Originally posted by DrBeat View Post
                          I'm working with some other students to create an online (Skype) and in school tutoring service for those that need help, but would like to use the internet and Skype as a resource. Unlike other honors tutoring groups, we will be looking to utilize technology to help those in the program the best we can.
                          In that case I'd suggest also looking for some kind of whiteboard system. For me, a webcam would only be useful if I were studying something physical, like mechanical engineering. For "written down" subjects, a place to scribble would be much more useful.
                          Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

If you want a wireless IP cam then the trendnet TV-IP110w is a great little cam. I have one on a robot and have ordered a second one. You can pick one up on Amazon for around $65 if you wait for a deal. It doesn't have a mic though.

edit: $65 right now:
                            http://www.amazon.com/TRENDnet-Wirel...1422556&sr=8-1
                            Retired 6th DB

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X