printer problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• printer problem

i am trying to get a (once working perfectly) brother 5860cn to work with the XP machine it once worked with.... i was changing it from USB to ethernet connected, reinstalled fresh downloaded drivers for the printer onto the machine it was once connected via usb to... it wont work, it is a home office computer requiring a printer, but even if i try to connect it via usb, it no longer works.

it is currently connected via ethernet to the network, i can get the two vista laptops to work with it, but the XP machine is a no go. any help here? i always have horrible luck with printers....
    powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Re: printer problem

I have a brother too, and have had a similar problem. You need to go to your printers under Control Panel, then delete all your brother printer drivers. Also, Brother has a utility that cleans up all traces of it on your computer. Then restart, and reinstall your drivers. When you reinstall it, make sure the printer is off and completely disconnected, or the install will fail again. Their uninstall utility worked like a champ for me! Good luck.
    http://welcome.solutions.brother.com...dw_us_eu&Cat=1
    "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Re: printer problem

Try going to Printers and Faxes, pull down the file menu, select server properties and delete all the drivers in there. This will remove any cached printer drivers you have installed. You could also try sharing the printer from another pc and then browse to \\computername. It should show the share, double click and your off. ( all pc's must be on the same workgroup ).
      Hurtz sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X