No announcement yet.

weird network usage

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weird network usage

i was logged into my router and noticed that my laptop was utilizing all bandwidth possible, with nothing that i know of running on it updating or downloading/uploading... so in investigated

resource monitor says that svchost.exe (netsvcs) with a pid of 4840 is talking to google shows no relavant results for so i am wondering why a windows process is talking that much to an unknown website.... should i be worried?
    powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Re: weird network usage

I'd disable your wireless adapter on your lappy and run a complete virus and spyware scan. Sounds like a bug got in and is either trying to get some data from your PC or using your connection for some other purpose.
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Re: weird network usage

Set Resource Monitor to report IP addresses, not domain names, and let us know what address it's connecting to. I suspect the reverse domain entry points at a stale domain. looks like a dead domain that's now being squatted by some registrar:
      Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed