Windows 7: Picture-in-Picture?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 7: Picture-in-Picture?

Aero Peek gives us a preview of any window. I want to drag one of those preview windows to the corner of my screen and "sticky" it to the screen (Always On Top). Does anyone have any similar solutions?
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: Windows 7: Picture-in-Picture?

That would be a cool idea. Esp. when dual-boxing in WoW. One could launch two copies of WoW, with one's macro'd slave characters in the PIP window. (Two-boxing is a common practice and not a violation of the ToS. Some people play up to 5 characters at once, limited by the 5-toons-in-a-party scheme the game presents. (This is similar to squad size limits in BF2.))

Is this feature limited to W7? I can mouse over the buttons for running apps in my try in Vista and little PIP windows pop up under my mouse showing me miniature pictures of those applications. Including WoW and other games. (I run WoW in a screen-filling window.) So in principle whatever the desktop is doing could be replicated to create a permanent PIP picture.
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak View Post
      Aero Peek gives us a preview of any window. I want to drag one of those preview windows to the corner of my screen and "sticky" it to the screen (Always On Top). Does anyone have any similar solutions?
      Are you saying the Window "STICKY" works in Windows 7 or you want something like that to do that?
      |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
      ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

I'm not sure if there's anything out there that can do that. Maybe one day someone will make an app that can pin the aero peek previews.

If you're trying to pin a video, you could shrink the window and use an app like RBTray to keep it on top. What are you trying to keep on top?

- It's who you game with.

Comment

That would be interesting. Get on it Wyz, you're a smart cookie :D. Gonna search around tomorrow see if I can find anything like that. Otherwise could be a fun project to attempt in the future.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

I suppose video is the most common use, but I've wanted it several times for various windows.
            Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X