Free upgrade to WinXP Pro 64bit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free upgrade to WinXP Pro 64bit

It looks like Microsoft will be allowing people who have WinXP Pro to upgrade to WinXP Pro 64bit for free.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/6...e/default.mspx

Check out the link on the side about registering for the free upgrade. I believe you have to do this by a certain date (something like July 1st).
    |TG-12th| asch
    sigpic

Re: Free upgrade to WinXP Pro 64bit

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/showthread.php?t=28014

Have you done it yourself? If so, what was your opinion? As you can see from the other thread I was reluctant to go ahead with it.

A good man stands up for himself. A great man stands up for others.

Comment

The other thread talked about the beta version of WinXP Pro 64bit. The post I just made was about the actual retail version Microsoft is offering up.

I have not tried it yet. My home built desktop is not 64bit. My laptop is 64 bit and I will probably go with the upgrade. I've had a few friends who have gone with the beta version and for the most part everything ran fine. One thing to note, I believe there is no upgrade path to 64bit... you must reinstall the machine.

The operating system and 64bit applications do run faster and you can still run 32bit programs. Some old 16bit programs have problems.
      |TG-12th| asch
      sigpic

Comment

The reason it's free is because they want to force the drivers to come out in time for the 'retail' release.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Ahhh I did not realize that this is the real deal. I will await the opinion of others before I commit to it though. If one of you do bite the bullet, please let us know what you think.

A good man stands up for himself. A great man stands up for others.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X