Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any way to force windowed mode in all apps?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any way to force windowed mode in all apps?

Well, the title says it all....

Any way I can force a full-screen application to run in windowed mode? I've tried making shortcuts with the -w parameter at the end, but that doesnt for all apps. Any program or workaround i can use to run any app in windowed mode?

All apps as in???? Is there something specific you run that isn't able to run windowed?

Details young grasshoper... :)
    I do what I can.

cpgf: (n.) Acronym describing a significant other who has not yet acheived full spousal status and is in possession of a cable modem; of note because at YOUR house, you still have dial-up -- and crappy dialup at that.

Comment

Well, I'm at work :P And the only way I can play anything is in windowed mode....to give you a few examples, Starcraft and Gunbound (a game someone posted in the strat forum) will not run windowed, despite what I try. Also, most games off gamehippo.com are unable to.

I'm running windows xp. any ideas?

Comment

Ahh...he wants to run windowed so he can minimize when the boss walks by... ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Spectre
          Ahh...he wants to run windowed so he can minimize when the boss walks by... ;)

Jackpot. :D

Comment

Remember when old games used to have a "Boss" key? How come games don't have that anymore? :D

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Can't you just hit the windows key or alt + tab to minimize?

Comment

Originally posted by Vap0r
                Can't you just hit the windows key or alt + tab to minimize?
                yes. or i know for a fact alt + esc works on starcraft and gunbound to be specific. i have also known games which do not minimize at all. so i guess it depends.
                And god said "LET THERE BE HALF-LIFE!" and so it was...

Comment

I CAN minimize...but I was just wondering if anyone knew a program or parameter that forced apps to run windowed.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X