Windows 7 only $30 for Students

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 7 only $30 for Students

For all the students out there, if you have a valid .edu email address check out this offer to buy Windows 7 Home Premium upgrade for $30!

http://www.win741.com/

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Re: Windows 7 only $30 for Students

Here is a list of the schools, but many others might work. I may go take a fun night course just to get the .edu address and the deal.

http://windows7.digitalriver.com/sto...pbPage.Schools

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

It seems my old school terminated my e-mail address sometime within the last week, what timing. It's only the Home Premium Edition anyway though so I'd probably never use it if I got it.

| |

Comment

Yeah, I thought about canceling my pre-order for Pro, but in the long run, the extra $60 will be worth it I hope.

/rant Also, why can't any of these deals be for the actual retail product, not the upgrade?

Comment

Originally posted by pedestrian01 View Post
          It seems my old school terminated my e-mail address sometime within the last week, what timing. It's only the Home Premium Edition anyway though so I'd probably never use it if I got it.
          you can get Professional. Once you get past the first screen there is a link for professional. That is what I ordered.

Comment

although not quite the same deal, I found this the other day

http://www.overclock.net/online-deal...11x-vista.html
            Reapator, overlord of ponies

Comment

Originally posted by Anospa View Post
              Yeah, I thought about canceling my pre-order for Pro, but in the long run, the extra $60 will be worth it I hope.

/rant Also, why can't any of these deals be for the actual retail product, not the upgrade?
              I looked through the FAQ at the link and it seems you can get the full version on a backup disk. Anybody see anything that says for sure? It does talk about doing a clean install.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

When I ordered mine it gave me the option to add the upgrade edition backup disk for $16, but not the full version.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Haha. I've never actually logged into my student account before but this was tempting so I finally activated it and there's 40 unread messages from my profs last semester. oops.

aw man. its D2D? that sucks. I'll have to think about this one. didnt see where it allowed you to do the pro version either

Comment

If you work in certain retail chains, you can get 7 Ultimate for 10$ plus taking some tests. It's at Microsoft's Retail Loyalty site, ExpertZone.

Comment

Originally posted by UnDeaD77 View Post
                      If you work in certain retail chains, you can get 7 Ultimate for 10$ plus taking some tests. It's at Microsoft's Retail Loyalty site, ExpertZone.
                      Holy Moly. I qualify for this as well. If I do go ahead and get this Ultimate I'll sell the student upgrade one on the forums.
                      edit: I did the entry test and it's super biased so the answers are easy to guess. lol

Comment

Yeah, unfortunately, I quit my "retail" job just in time for this, so I cannot prove employment via a pay check stub, so I lost out on it. I'm pretty bummed. At least I was accepted the Windows 7 House Party.

Comment

BUMP

I can get Win 7 Pro for $30.

My question is (I didn't see it answered here) can I do a clean install with this version?

Also can my Asus EEE904HA run a 64-bit OS?

Thanks!

Comment

for those students doing a computing related course. and with schools that allow it you can get it totally free though MSDNAA. its what i did. win7 vista xp and a shed load of other microsoft stuff. alot of programming tools in there. worth a look.

Comment

Originally posted by Global.Cooling View Post
                              BUMP

I can get Win 7 Pro for $30.

My question is (I didn't see it answered here) can I do a clean install with this version?

Also can my Asus EEE904HA run a 64-bit OS?

Thanks!
                              If you are coming from Vista, then yes you can do a clean install with the upgrade disk.

And no, you can't run a 64-bit OS on your EeePC 904HA. The Atom N270 is a 32-bit CPU only (no support for x86-64). You would need a 64-bit CPU in order to run a 64-bit OS.
                              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                              TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                              Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                              Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X