What do you think of my upgrades? Also.. quick question inside

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think of my upgrades? Also.. quick question inside

I am upgrading my regular mouse, keyboard (kinda), headsets, and sound card. I wanted to get the best I could without worrying about money. I'm going all out.

razer megalodon headset
    logitech g13 advanced gameboard (over the n52te, yes.)
    logitech g9 mouse (this mouse was designed for pure gaming, while the g5 is designed for general desktop use but with gaming upgrades)
    Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional Sound Card

Just wondering tho.. will I still get full use of my megalodons if I use a a regular sound card?? Cuz if my headsets are good enough, perhaps I can save a hundred bucks and just use headsets all the time. I might be spending.. but I could use the money. lol
    [TP]Cavazos
    www.tigersplatoon.com

Re: What do you think of my upgrades? Also.. quick question inside

The Megalodon is a USB headset. Getting a really expensive sound card would be useless because your headset wouldn't plug in to the sound card or even use it to process sound. So you might want to add some speakers to this purchase if you want to take advantage of the X-Fi (for the days you don't want to put on a headset).

I would go with one or the other but not both. Personally, I would go with the X-Fi because I like the audio effects you get with games.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Like Sarc already said, one or the other would be best. It would be a waste if you're going to have a really nice sound card but never use it.

I differ in your opinion on the G5 mouse as the entire G series is geared towards gaming. The MX series, on the other hand, was designed for multipurpose use, though some of them are more game friendly than others.

With that said, have you considered going wireless for your mouse?
      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
        Like Sarc already said, one or the other would be best. It would be a waste if you're going to have a really nice sound card but never use it.

I differ in your opinion on the G5 mouse as the entire G series is geared towards gaming. The MX series, on the other hand, was designed for multipurpose use, though some of them are more game friendly than others.

With that said, have you considered going wireless for your mouse?
        Yea, and it's not a need for me. Because if I go wireless with one thing.. it needs to be the whole set. So I would need a wireless keyboard as well. While that isn't as much of a problem.. it's the fact that the Megalodon is not wireless. So even with a G7 and wireless keyboard, the Megalodon would mess me up. :-(
        [TP]Cavazos
        www.tigersplatoon.com

Comment

Separate sound card (with speakers) and USB headset is useful: You can set your game to play through the speakers, and your VOIP system (TeamSpeak, Vent, etc.) to use the headset.

I do this when playing WoW (which has in-game VOIP): The game uses my speakers (via motherboard audio), and I can chat with other players using my Bluetooth Jawbone headset.
          Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiHeat87 View Post
            Yea, and it's not a need for me. Because if I go wireless with one thing.. it needs to be the whole set. So I would need a wireless keyboard as well. While that isn't as much of a problem.. it's the fact that the Megalodon is not wireless. So even with a G7 and wireless keyboard, the Megalodon would mess me up. :-(
            Well, you could go wireless with a BT headset or just a BT headphone. You'd still probably pay about the same you would for your "Megalodon" headset. I wouldn't suggest it as wired headphones are still far superior in the SQ department than any wireless IEM or headphones out there. Additionally, since all three devices would run on the 2.4 GHz band, you'd probably run into cross-interference that would cause connection interruptions on one or more of those three wireless devices (especially if the receivers are smack dab next to each other).
            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
            TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
            Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
            Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I'll just put a quick word in for the G7. It works well, I haven't had any major problems.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X