Firefox slowdown problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox slowdown problem

Ok i have been having this issue with firefox recently where it slows down and gets choppy on scrolling and doing commands in the browser.

To fix it just close it and reopen it. This happens anywhere from 5-15 minutes of browsing.

Anyone know what i can do to relieve this problem? I delete my cache once a week atleast but it hasn't helped. seemed to happen a few weeks ago after an update.

I use adblock and avg safe search only as an addon.

- -

Re: Firefox slowdown problem

See this link. You need to disable AVG's Safe Search add-on. There's a incompatibility issue with it and Firefox. Had the same problem myself (in addition to Flash).
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

yeah i started with addons but that didn't seem to help me out. I may have to uninstall it.. dunno though.

- -

Comment

go to Chrome and solve all your problems
        Reapator, overlord of ponies

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan View Post
          yeah i started with addons but that didn't seem to help me out. I may have to uninstall it.. dunno though.
          Then uninstall AVG and check the mark that says "remove AVG Search" as well. See if that solves the problem.
          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
          Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

you mean switch for different problems :p

Yeah i'm not uninstalling avg acreo. I'll just have to figure something else out or wait for them to update.

- -

Comment

you mean switch for different problems :p

Yeah i'm not uninstalling avg acreo. I'll just have to figure something else out or wait for them to update.
              Just unplug your comp from the network (or disable your wireless adapter), uninstall AVG and remove the AVG search thingy, then reinstall and uncheck the box next to the "AVG Search Add-on". It should take like 5 minutes.

You won't be exposed since you're not physically (or have disabled wireless adapter) connected to the network.
              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
              Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X