No announcement yet.

Need advice on upgrading

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice on upgrading

Alright, so my birthdays coming up (Oct 2) and I need to ask for something... so I figure I could always upgrade my computer. Anyway here are the current specs:

Microsoft XP
    Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E4500 @ 2.2 GHz
    Memory: 2 GB of RAM
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT
    Motherboard: MSI P6N SLI
    Power: Antec 430 watts
    (if i left out something just let me know)

So I just want an upgrade, nothing to expensive (maybe 300-500$ if that's reasonable... probably can go higher). Want to be able to play games like CoD5 with high frames and high graphics.

He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

Re: Need advice on upgrading

If you can find one in stock somewheres.

Should have enough money left over to buy a new PSU as well. Your vid card is really all that's lacking in that system.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Id say get a new processor (q550) a new graphics card (4890, good price in stock and should last for quite some time) and a new power supply to run all these things (looks very good but I am no PSU expert) Just wait for Bamboo to have a look at this thread, hes the expert :)
      |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Originally posted by Spyder228 View Post
        Your vid card is really all that's lacking in that system.
        A third gig of RAM is missing, and RAM is cheap!

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed