The Cheapest Way to Get Windows 7

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Cheapest Way to Get Windows 7

This was just posted on Gizmodo.com, and while it isn't really the cheapest (since students can get it super cheap), OEM is a heck of a lot cheaper than Retail. It says Win7 OEM for Home Premium will be $110, or maybe a bit cheaper when Newegg has it on sale.

The Cheapest Way to Get Windows 7!

Here is the newegg link:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...pk=windows%207

When you click the version you want, it lets you preorder. Right now the 64bit is $99

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: The Cheapest Way to Get Windows 7

So they're segmenting out 32 bit and 64 bit? What the hell?

I'm glad to see that Home Pro won't be much more than XP Pro is right now. Kinda wish I hadn't gotten the upgrade copy.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

Jeez, those cleared stock fast! I wish I'd been more on the ball and gotten it and cancelled my Pro upgrade pre-order. Hopefully they come back in stock soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder228 View Post
        So they're segmenting out 32 bit and 64 bit? What the hell?

I'm glad to see that Home Pro won't be much more than XP Pro is right now. Kinda wish I hadn't gotten the upgrade copy.
        as far as I know, OEM version have always separated 32 and 64.

Comment

32-bit and 64-bit OEM has always been segmented. Even when it was XP, they were separate.
          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
          TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
          Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
          Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
            32-bit and 64-bit OEM has always been segmented. Even when it was XP, they were separate.
            XP 64 was a completely different release and occurred well after XP. Of course all versions of Windows have been individualized by type and options such as 32 vs 64 or home vs professional whether they are OEM or Retail.
            |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

I'm am fairly positive that if you own a retail version of vista 32 you can get the 64 by just paying shipping and handling for the disc. I know the ultimate version includes both the 32 and 64 discs.

Comment

Originally posted by machowner View Post
                I'm am fairly positive that if you own a retail version of vista 32 you can get the 64 by just paying shipping and handling for the disc. I know the ultimate version includes both the 32 and 64 discs.
                While true with the retail (not OEM) version of Vista I'm not sure if the same offer will be offered for 7.
                |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

vista retail discs offer both 32 and 64 bit versions of the OS. actually, a retail cd has ALL versions - up to ultimate - in both 32 and 64 bit... the keycode you enter whittles it down to version, then , if you have an x64 cpu, you can choose between 32 and 64 bit...

I love this, as I can carry around one dvd and reinstall any vista computer using just the keycode from the computer. With XP I had to DL an all-in-one to get the same functionality. (and no, it is NOT illegal to download windows as long as it maintains the eula.txt unaltered AND you have a valid COA and keycode. once I install the os, I either make sure they have an oem cd, or I burn them a cd with the version that corresponds to the keycode they have - making them 100% legal)
                  Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
                  The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X