Odd issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd issue

I was working on my computer for a good 4 hours, downloading a few patches and doing homework. I decided to start a game up, and the logos that pop up before the actual game was stuttering at a sluggish 4 frames per second and the audio was doing the same.

I checked games on various engines, BF2142, Crysis, CSS, and FEAR. All of these games were having the same problem.

I restarted my computer and the problem went away.

Yes i checked my temps on my GPU and CPU, they were fine. And also my RAM and Processing power wasn't being eaten from a process that i could see.

Any Thoughts in case it happens again.

Oh, the first game i saw this on (and the first game i've played today) was Americas Army 3, in case that's a factor.
    |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Re: Odd issue

Had you rebooted after you installed the patches, etc? Sometimes they change system files and require a reboot.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buckets View Post
      Had you rebooted after you installed the patches, etc? Sometimes they change system files and require a reboot.
      The only patches were on steam, they usually don't require a restart.
      |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

Did one the programs running (background and foreground) start taxing your CPU? That added strain on your CPU could account for your poor framerates and sluggish game behavior.
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
        Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
        Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X