New Cases for new build?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Cases for new build?

I am starting to put together a parts list for my next build. I have been thinking about a full tower this time. I will put it on a small table beside my desk in order to make it easier to get to everything. I current have an Antec p182 and it is a good case. So guys what are the pros and cons of an full tower vs mid tower?
    The Old Guy
    kin3
    sigpic

Re: New Cases for new build?

Size. Some of the newer mid's have been designed around SLI with the larger cards now in vogue but I bought a Cooler Master 932HAF (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811119160) for my next build. I also have a CM830 Stacker with 2 4x3 modules, a CM 690 mid that is wonderful with side mounted HD bays and an Antec 900 (my son's comp) any of these work well but the Antec is the most restrictive.
    Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

I currently have the same tower as you and I really like it, I can put as many hard drives in there and still have enough space for whatever else I need.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. ~ Jimi Hendrix

And isn't it a bad thing to be deceived about the truth, and a good thing to know what the truth is? For I assume that by knowing the truth you mean knowing things as they really are. ~ Plato

Comment

Thanks guys this is the kind of input I'm looking for.
        The Old Guy
        kin3
        sigpic

Comment

I have the Thermalake V9 Black Edition mid tower,not the prettiest but the greatest cooling box ive ever had:
          http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/Produc...C=1390&ID=1835

Comment

I have the Lan Li PC-A10B and I love it. In particular I like how the power supply is at the bottom of the case, rather than the top, and that the hard drive bays are on the bottom as well providing healthy airflow that is separate from the main bay airflow. Very nice design and plenty of room. Looks great too!

And if you are still pondering mid-tower vs full-tower cases, as long as you don't plan on moving the computer around much full-tower cases are fine. But, really, in all but a few exceptions mid-tower cases have plenty of room.

Twisted Firestarter
            a.k.a |TG| Harkonian
            sigpic

Comment

I'd also agree with the bottom PSU location being a preference. A feature shared by the 690 and the 900. Independent air flow for the PSU keeps case temps lower by a lot and your not circulating heated air through the PSU.Full towers typically have an either/or application.
              Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

You should go with the coolermaster haf 932. I got this case & its great, plenty of space for hdds & accessories, large open area to work in for adding extra stuff, huge fans to keep it all nice & cool, super silent & with the bottom mount psu with bottom air vents no psu heat goes into the case. This case is so big & heavy, it comes with wheels you can put on it.

Comment

I also have a Lian Li full tower (actually, it is a Rocketfish which is just a re-branded Lian Li that Best Buy sold for a while) and I'll never go back to a mid. It is really nice having so much space. I recently built a new computer for my cousin in an Antec 900 and while it is a great case, it was just too cramped for my taste.
                  Last edited by Buckets; 10-01-2009, 09:18 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

http://www.xoxide.com/raidmax-smilodon-case.html

One of the ones I am looking at...Check out the sight there are lots of fun things to see

No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.
                    George S. Patton

Comment

But for the most air flow, we are talkin 250cfm...this one is cool, the 2ed pick for me..

http://www.xoxide.com/aerocool-hitech7-case.html

No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.
                      George S. Patton

Comment

Egads, redneck, both those cases are just god-awful looking. While I can appreciate the airflow the giant fan in the second one must give, could they have made it a bit less ugly? And what kind of company starts their product description with

Sometimes, an ailing PC can be a lot like a sick little puppy. It may be skulking around slowly and whimpering a lot, but unless it magically decides to look up at you and say, "Hey man, my stomach hurts. Help a bitch out", it's going to be pretty hard to actually identify the problem...
                        ???
                        Twisted Firestarter
                        a.k.a |TG| Harkonian
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Twisted_Firestarter View Post
                          Egads, redneck, both those cases are just god-awful looking. While I can appreciate the airflow the giant fan in the second one must give, could they have made it a bit less ugly? And what kind of company starts their product description with

???
                          The question is do you want function or form?? I prefer function; it's a computer case, if you want a show piece that’s different. Yes I have a snazzy case now, but the next one will be pure function…and the opening is creative writing, geek style.....

George S. Patton

Comment

Originally posted by redneck_fgf View Post
                            The question is do you want function or form?? I prefer function; it's a computer case
                            I prefer to have both, but for the right price and performance I'm willing to sacrifice form, which is why I said the one with the huge fan might be worthwhile.

…and the opening is creative writing, geek style.....
                            "...and the opening is 9-year-old, creative writing, geek style..."
                            There, fixed that for you. Seriously, there is nothing useful about a description that doesn't give me any useful information in the first couple of sentences and is so annoying I don't bother to read the rest of it.
                            Twisted Firestarter
                            a.k.a |TG| Harkonian
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Twisted_Firestarter View Post
                              I prefer to have both, but for the right price and performance I'm willing to sacrifice form, which is why I said the one with the huge fan might be worthwhile.

"...and the opening is 9-year-old, creative writing, geek style..."
                              and the LCD display on the Front Panel could be real useful, agree with the 9-year-old part, I went back and read all of it....

George S. Patton

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X