Need a new mouse ...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a new mouse ...

Well im on my 3rd logitech MX518 mouse and my left button seems to be dead ! not getting good response from it anymore ..anyway i think its time for a new one . Any suggestions ? my local store is asking $60.00 canadian for the same one .i would like to stay in the price range .........

Re: Need a new mouse ...

That's too bad about the MX518. I really like the Logitech mice. My last one lasted for at least 5 years. I only switched because the plastic was getting worn out and the charging dock doesn't charge anymore.

Unfortunately, I don't like the new form factor Logitech has gone with so I switched to a MS Sidewinder X8. I like the lack of a dock. It's a cord that I can attach to recharge while I play. The batteries last a lot longer for wireless use. I've used it for several months and haven't noticed any lag from wireless connectivity. Although, I never noticed it before with my Logitech MX900.

I'm not sure what the prices are for the X8 are now but I picked it up in a sale for $65 CAD before tax.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

When was the mouse purchased? Might still be covered under Logitech's 3 year warranty. Their customer service and warranty replacement policy is exceptional.
      It's Gaming
      Proud to have been a member of the 55th Infantry Division!

Comment

well i went and bought a newer logitech mouse and what i found out was that all the side buttons wont work with my games ? so i said screw it and went back and bought the same one i have used over the yrs and all my game buttons work ? So my MX518 mouse is my mouse of choice i guess ! thx for your input

Comment

Originally posted by Dictate View Post
          When was the mouse purchased? Might still be covered under Logitech's 3 year warranty. Their customer service and warranty replacement policy is exceptional.
          I second that. Got my G7 replacement recently and they didn't even want my broken one back.

Originally posted by FLooDY View Post
          well i went and bought a newer logitech mouse and what i found out was that all the side buttons wont work with my games ? so i said screw it and went back and bought the same one i have used over the yrs and all my game buttons work ? So my MX518 mouse is my mouse of choice i guess ! thx for your input
          Setpoint, my friend, Setpoint.
          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
          TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
          Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
          Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Setpoint with uberOptions!

I used uberOptions when I used my MX900. It provides more customizations for your buttons.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

My friend just got the Logitech G500 to replace his MX518 and I think I'm going to get one now to replace my MX510.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/mi.../5750&cl=us,en

http://reviews.cnet.com/mice/logitec...antList;offers

|TG-12th| Troublesome4u

Comment

Originally posted by troublesome4u View Post
                My friend just got the Logitech G500 to replace his MX518 and I think I'm going to get one now to replace my MX510.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/mi.../5750&cl=us,en

http://reviews.cnet.com/mice/logitec...antList;offers
                The G500 is looking like my next mouse, but I'm still kinda undecided. I used to use a G5, but I don't know if I can go back to the older form factor after being with a G9 for so long.
                It's Gaming
                Proud to have been a member of the 55th Infantry Division!

Comment

My Razer Deathadder fire button started going weak a while back, so i'm receiving the Razer Mamba tomorrow. I'm excited about trying out wireless gaming for the first time in my life.

Comment

its sexy
                    Reapator, overlord of ponies

Comment

Originally posted by Superfast View Post
                      My Razer Deathadder fire button started going weak a while back, so i'm receiving the Razer Mamba tomorrow. I'm excited about trying out wireless gaming for the first time in my life.
                      Oh, you'll probably fall in love. Then you'll never want to go back to a wired mouse. :madsmile:
                      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Dictate View Post
                        I've found this to be true.
                        Until today.

Go to Logitech's website, look up the support number and try to call it.
                        Then try the email support link.
                        Both don't work.

Their forum is alive with people complaining about their support now.

Im about due for a new mouse too, as it stands right now Logitech wont be getting my business.

Real bummer cuz I liked Logitech alot.

Edit: At 3:00 EST at least the phone worked after being down all day. Too bad I dont have the time to initiate the support request now, that'll have to wait till Monday.
                        Last edited by Warlab; 10-09-2009, 03:20 PM.

|

Comment

Previously had a Razor Copperhead for 2 years and it rocked, but then the 1st mouse button broke. Bought Sidewinder X8 and it is simply amazing..............

Comment

Got the Mamba. Amazing mouse which has everything i need.

One problem though. They recommend the Razer Destructor mousepad for it, and i have that. But when i play i lift off the mouse all the time and when that happens the mouse looses focus for 1 sec. Very irritating. The problem is not there when i use the mouse right on the desk. So new mousepad required.

So i ordered up the SteelSeries SX mousepad which i've heard good things about. But what do you guys use for your Mamba?

Comment

I have the Razer eXactMat and don't usually have problems with my mamba, had the mouse pad for a while before and really helped my copperhead as well.
                              Reapator, overlord of ponies

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X