• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is NVIDIA dying?

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye5T4v_UX80[/media]

Text version from the videographer's blog/forum:

http://www.3dgameman.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58752

As most of know all the talk these days is about NVIDIA discontinuing a number of video card products, company mismanagement, reseller/consumer relation issues and much much more. Is this really what's going on? I myself emailed NVIDIA on this very topic with no reply. Now this is nothing new, as I've emailed NVIDIA in the past many many times and have gotten no response. This is not typically the case with companies, at least not from my experience. Typically when I email companies most them get back to me with hours, some within minutes. And let me tell you, I've sent out a lot of emails to companies over the years.

People have asked me why I don't video review many NVIDIA products. Well it's because I really can't get hold of anyone there and when I do I'm usually ignored. I know 3dGameMan.com might not be one of the top 3 tech sites on the planet, but you'd expect a response of some sort. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to video review NVIDIA products, it's just I really haven't had much of an opportunity to do so. If a companies policy is to burn bridges and treat people this way we all know where they are headed. And this is very unfortunate, because compilation in the video card market is a good thing. I guess on the bright side, if NVIDIA does slip into the abyss another company will buy them out and fire a few CEOs and they'll be afloat again.

So NVIDIA, please find the time to get back to me or at least respond to this video as many many people are wondering what is really doing on.
    Can we have high expectations of a company that doesn't respond to inquiries? I could understand it if it were a startup with a captive market and an outsider mailed them. But a company so central to the PC market? Surely they have a PR division assigned to handle this kind of stuff. Perhaps it doesn't yet understand the power of fan videos on Youtube.
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Re: Is NVIDIA dying?

Apparently several NVIDIA partners decided to discontinue their G2xx products because they just couldn't get the parts:

http://www.fudzilla.com/content/view/15919/1/

In other news, the company appears to be turning away from producing mobo chipsets in favor of chips that support mobile platforms.

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/..._N13201671.htm

Could the poor availability of the G2xx presage a move completely off the PC platform, even with graphics products?
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

I wouldn't read to much into this just yet. If their next line comes out and is garbage and ATi can deliver more solid cards it could be a hard blow, but I don't see them going anywhere.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

Is the guy contacting nVidia for a reference board sample to test? I mean, normally that process you have to go through a form on their website for.

Also, normally, you would email the different manufacturers that produce nVidia cards asking for review samples. You wouldn't email nVidia. I'm not quite understanding this guy's logic with video card reviews.
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
        Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
        Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I wouldn't read much into whatever this 3d game man guy says. I think there's a few reasons his site is ignored when he inquires about reviewing products. It's a small site that seems to be run only by him. Most of the content is reposting other content. The original content is the videos. His video reviews is mostly stating the obvious (tech specs, box contents, etc.) with some benchmarks. The Q&A videos are somewhat useful but a text/image format would be easier to extract information. The benchmarks look like acceptable testing but there isn't a useful way to compare results like the bigger sites.

This is a small time guy that's bitter because he can't get nVidia hardware for review. Maybe he'll stir the pot and nVidia will send him some free hardware to test.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X