Question for the video experts...

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for the video experts...

I watch Netflix and Hulu.

My connection speed is about 2.5Mbs.

When I watch on my computer the picture is OK. Not great but not bad. It is a 21" trinitron CRT and runs at 1600x1200. The picture is very, very good for everything else.

I also watch on my 32" Toshiba CRT T.V. Regular old TV. I watch it using PlayOn and the XBOX 360.

The picture seems so much better on the T.V. even though the resolution is much lower.

The viewing distance for the computer is about 5'. For the T.V. about 9'.

Why does it look so much better on the T.V?

BTW If you have a XBox or Wii or Playstation and also have a netflix/hulu account get PlayON. It just works brilliantly! Also there is a plugin for revision 3. Really cool being able to watch Diggnation or The Totally Rad Show in the living room!
    Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
    - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
    - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
    - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
    - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
    - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
    - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed