Overclocked keyboard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overclocked keyboard

Me, i love metal. i love metal things. i love aluminium especially. i love my aluminium case.

What i don't like is plastic. Well, sometimes i do, but for my keyboard i don't want plastic, i want aluminium.

i also want my keyboard illuminated. Aluminium and illuminated.

Can i find one? Does anyone make one? i fear not.

i've found these so far;

ZIPPY Not bad, but F keys look a bit close to the other keys.
    Coolermaster Q Aluminium Keyboard Boring looking
    Maplins: Too small! Far too small!
    KeySonic: Nice looking, F keys still a bit close but it's an AZERTY keyboard. Bloody french, can't even make a proper keyboard..

And of course, none are illuminated. That i can probably fix with a couple of hours and a length of EL Wire, but they're still not quite what i want and none have any extra multi-media keys.

So, what i'm asking is that should anyone happen upon a nice aluminium keyboard, with seperate F keys and is illuminated, please let me know!

If i can't find one i'll have to make one, but that could be a big job.

ANyway, if you see one let us know. Thanks!

Re: Overclocked keyboard

Damnit. I was hoping this was going to be a crack at Tempus.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16823128027

this is a zippy with the multimedia keys...i like it....i never knew aluminum keyboards existed....

edit: another zippy AND it glows...but its TINY...
      http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16823128020

Comment

heres a page with some silver keyboards on it, but I dont know if they're alluminun
        http://www.frozencpu.com/scan/se=Har...nu_search.html
        they are shiny though. I like shiny things

Comment

8, that WK-722 is right gorgeous! Good work, Sir!

So enamoured was i i went to order it right here and now. But newegg doesn't deliver to the UK and nowhere in the UK sells that keyboard. :( i guess ally keyboards have yet to take off here.

Now, i've just found that geeks.com sell it, and they do deliver to the UK. However, they have sold out

It doesn't have the illumination that i wanted, but apart from that it's pretty much what i'm looking for. i can always open it up and throw in some EL wire if i needs be.

Just noticed, it comes with blue led's too, which means i won't have to do my usual thing of pulling it apart and changing all the green leds for blues! :)

i love it. i want it. And i want it now!

i like shiny things too, Nick :) Shiny things are often better i find than non-shiny things. It's a credo in life that's always done me proud. Can't go too far wrong sticking to shiny stuff and shunning the less shiny.

Comment

If you want, I'd be willing to send you a package, 9v. PM or email me if you're interested.
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Cing, you're a star! Shine like the star, that you are!

That's very kind, thank you! i'm PMing you right now..

Comment

That's cool as hell.
                If anyone comes across an aluminum WIRELESS keyboard please let me know.
                ATM I'm pretty happy with my LogiTech MX Duo: wireless MX700 mouse and wireless keyboard.

[tg-c1][conduct]

Chuck Norris can believe it's not butter

Comment

Just an update; i thought i'd found the keyboard of my dreams, the Zippy WK-722. An aluminium keyboard dripping with class, if no illumination.

But recently Zippy have produced this, the Zippy EL-722.

Tell me that's not gorgeous!

Comment

Still no joy yet, in tracking down that sexy little beast. So far it seems that all the retail outlets are still waiting for it too. :(

Zippy still haven't responded to my mails asking where, how or who can i get it from, so i just gotta keep trawling the online stores everyday.

But, if i hadn't already decided on the EL-722 i would certainly think about getting this one though. Es ist sehr kuhl!;

http://www.daskeyboard.com/

Don't understand why they didn't leave off the caps/scroll/and num lock text off as well...

Comment

I like my Saitek but the keys are still plastic. At least it is illuminated.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16823175101
                      sNIFF

Comment

I want a roll up keyboard, so i can stick it in my pocket... lol
                        Oyee

Comment

I got my kids those keyboards man are they a pain to type with.
                          sNIFF

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X