Dell machine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dell machine

The workstation at work has a messed up boot table and some other probably viruses.

Can I just use the windows install disc to nuke the drive. Since I can't find my restore disc or shoudl I call and get the disc?

Re: Dell machine

If you have a Windows XP Professional disk you should be able to format. If you need a disc you might as well request one so you will have it on hand, ask if the restore disk will allow you to take care of what you need.

You can also use one of many Linux liveCDs that have formatting tools to erase the drive before reinstalling if you are unable to locate a Windows disk with that functionality for some reason.
    |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

I believe using the Windows install disk will give you the option of formatting and killing the existing installation to start over fresh. If not, there are numerous ways to get or make mini-boot media (USB, cd, etc.) with format/fdisk utils. For example, at my job we use Hiren cds which boot to a mini Windows environment and includes dozens of utilities and programs, including formatting and partitioning.
      |TG-6th|Belhade
      "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

I think you can use anybodies copy of windows, you just have to type in your cd-key which should be stuck onto the case somewhere, I could be wrong.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X