• Apple responds to Windows 7 with new commericals

http://www.engadget.com/2009/10/22/a...-with-a-new-c/

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t58kPJL9HH4[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3F-ACkXn5tU[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuPR_z0eLrA[/media]

Meanwhile, check out Linus giving Windows 7 a big thumbs up:

http://www.engadget.com/2009/10/23/l...big-thumbs-up/
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Re: Apple responds to Windows 7 with new commericals

apple just an immature company so they have to put other companys down to make themselves look better. me no like mac
    |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Apple marketing is so condescending and 'hip' it puts me off from wanting to own things they make that are actually better than their competition.

Kinda like a Prius, the car is a great piece of engineering but I wouldn't want to be associated with the smug environmentalists that they are advertised towards.
      |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

But the first one was pretty funny. I laughed at how PC's clothing style reflected the styles of years gone by...
        |TG|Melee
        Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Comment

The last outfit was very Nash Bridges.

"Everytime I read your posts I do it with Morgan Freeman's voice in my head as if he is narrating your life" - Aimed

Comment

You know, I'm hating those ads now. At first it was funny, then it was annoying, and now it just gets on my nerves when I have to listen to a Mac fanboy bash this and that and then start quoting from one of those commercials.
            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
            TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
            Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
            Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Apple's claim in these commercials is that Mac is "best is consumer satisfaction ratings". Not in technical superiority. It's all about the sizzle.

Meanwhile, Win 7 on a MacBook:

http://gizmodo.com/5388595/the-today...-a-macbook-pro

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

So where in those commercials did they actually promote their own product? I'm pretty sure the first one didn't even mention the customer satisfaction stuff. I'm all for rival companies so we get better products as a consumer, but have some class!

Comment

If your chief argument about for why someone should buy your product is, 'our competitor sucks!' Then it is time to get a new marketing department...

~ Draken

Comment

Also, I'm fairly sure it's not legal (at least in the UK) to directly name a competitor in order to drive consumers away from their products and to yours.

"Hi, I'm a PC. You know what sucks? Macs. They suck. Buy a PC - we don't suck (unlike Macs!)"
                    Can't see that going down too well with the Advertising Standards Authority.
                    |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
                    Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by DrakenViator View Post
                      If your chief argument about for why someone should buy your product is, 'our competitor sucks!' Then it is time to get a new marketing department...
                      Note that they're not selling to die-hard MS fans. They're selling to people on the fence, which includes most non-technical buyers. Bashing your competition is the same strategy used by political advertisers. As long as it doesn't lie, I have no problem with it.

Apple selling more systems should be beneficial to MS buyers, because it creates even more pressure on MS to improve its product while lowering its price.

Since Apple says it gets higher consumer satisfaction, why is that?

Comment

Best thing about these commercials, the spoofs :)

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5VyVLXKNdo&feature=PlayList&p=437C27A2DF9 17F9C&index=31[/media]
                        |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Originally posted by westyfield View Post
                          Also, I'm fairly sure it's not legal (at least in the UK) to directly name a competitor in order to drive consumers away from their products and to yours.

"Hi, I'm a PC. You know what sucks? Macs. They suck. Buy a PC - we don't suck (unlike Macs!)"
                          Can't see that going down too well with the Advertising Standards Authority.
                          The commercials are shown here in the US where you can name your competitor and compare them to you or mention their deficiencies as long as they are not false comparisons. You can be a little misleading (such as picking and choosing what to say), but no lies.
                          |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

there is no reason to be pissed at the ads. I think from a marketing stand point , they are brilliant . Microsoft doesn't care much about them because stats shows that 80% of ppll buy PC's soo there is nothing to be bummed about. The only annoying part is the ppl who buy Macs for the wrong reason. They buy them for the looks and because its popular. But the core use of a mac is for video and design. If you buy a mac to put windows on it , wats the point?

Comment

Originally posted by cyco105 View Post
                              If you buy a mac to put windows on it , wats the point?
                              The point is that you can run real software (outside video and graphics) but LOOK like you are a cool mac hipster fanboy.

Only costs you about, what, 1500 bucks to look cool?
                              Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                              - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                              - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                              - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                              - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                              - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                              - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X