Wanna learn some programming?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanna learn some programming?

Stanford has a series of video podcasts of actual classes for computer science.

I have downloaded the Methodologies, Paradigms and Abstraction courses and it is pretty cool.

I don't have a link because I found them in the Zune marketplace.
    Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
    - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
    - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
    - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
    - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
    - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
    - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Re: Wanna learn some programming?

So it's a intro to programming sort of dealy?
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

What Catagory are they Under...? Like STANFORD or Educational Podcasts?

NVM..I found them.. Cool Intro To Robotics.. ;-)
      Last edited by peardog; 10-24-2009, 10:40 AM.
      |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
      ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
        So it's a intro to programming sort of dealy?
        From what I have seen they are like 1000 (and maybe some 2000) level courses.
        - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
        - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
        - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
        - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by El_Gringo_Grande View Post
            From what I have seen they are like 1000 (and maybe some 2000) level courses.
            1000 / 2000 level courses? So what does that mean? Is that graduate level or something because when I see numbers for courses, usually it's 100 / 200 / 300 or 400 level.
            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
            TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
            Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
            Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
              1000 / 2000 level courses? So what does that mean? Is that graduate level or something because when I see numbers for courses, usually it's 100 / 200 / 300 or 400 level.
              Sorry. 100 and maybe 200 level courses. (Been dealing with some cryptic state id's for school courses and they are 1000-9000.)

Comment

Good programmers know not to use magic numbers, but instead to use symbolic names. :p
                Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

http://www.openculture.com/2008/09/f...ow_online.html

You could also go to MIT:

http://ocw.mit.edu/OcwWeb/Electrical...ence/index.htm
                  Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Nice. Last time I looked at the MIT stuff it was just some power point slides and the syllabus.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X