Issue makes computer USELESS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue makes computer USELESS

So today my computer became useless. I had been playing Battlefield 2142 (for the third time after taking breaks) and was killed. All of a sudden my screen started flashing bright red colors and repeating sounds.(such as the guns shooting) I tried to ctrl+alt+del out of the game and end it, but that didn't work, so I manually shut down the computer (using the power button). When I went to boot it up again, the screen had blue lines running through it and the colors weren't fully in place. At this point, I can't even get to the log in screen for users. The monitor just keeps flashing from a light black screen with the cursor to a pitch black screen.

I am using Windows XP just so everyone knows, and was thinking that it might be a problem with my video card.

If anyone has ideas on how to fix this problem they would be very appreciated.

(I'm posting this from my laptop)
    As I walk through the Valley of Death, I shall fear no Evil.
    For the valleys are gone and only Death awaits.
    And I am the Evil.

Re: Issue makes computer USELESS

uninstall your graphic drivers, open the pc, yank out the card, clean out all the dust and junk from your pc, re-insert the card, start up the pc, install drivers(new if you have em) and cross your fingers!

Comment

You may have also fried your graphics card. If the card was regularly overheating, its only a matter of time before it goes boom.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
        You may have also fried your graphics card. If the card was regularly overheating, its only a matter of time before it goes boom.
        agreed . pull out the vid card and if you have onboard graphics try booting with that. see if you can login

Comment

Appreciate the help guys. Turns out it I needed a new graphics card.
          As I walk through the Valley of Death, I shall fear no Evil.
          For the valleys are gone and only Death awaits.
          And I am the Evil.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X