Color problems after LCD -> CRT switch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Color problems after LCD -> CRT switch

Hey guys, something strange happened and I was wondering if anyone could help me out.

I've been using an LCD monitor for the past year, but it's now in storage, and over the summer I'll have to use a CRT monitor. I plugged the monitor into the same tower and all of the sudden, the colors got all messed up. Everything has a blue-ish tinge to it, and the range of colors themselves seem to have been diminished. None of these color settings on both the monitor or my display properties seem to change anything. I've tried updating drivers, but that didn't do much.

Does anyone know what could be wrong? I'd appreciate any help I get on this matter. Thanks in advance.

Re: Color problems after LCD -> CRT switch

im guessing it might be something with the cables, but im pretty sure its not. try looking up the moniter company's name and see if they have a solution. a blueish tinge might be from one of the spikes on the end of the cable being damaged. im not sure, but give those a try. :)

Comment

Ideally, you would want to see if you can reproduce this behavior by plugging the CRT into a different tower.

Try unhooking and rehooking the cables (obligatory suggestion -- I'm sure you've already done it).

If you go into your BIOS, do the colors look messed up there, too? That might be a good test to evaluate the colors before your OS' video drivers get involved.

Sadly, this sounds like a dying CRT.
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by black death5
        im guessing it might be something with the cables, but im pretty sure its not. try looking up the moniter company's name and see if they have a solution. a blueish tinge might be from one of the spikes on the end of the cable being damaged. im not sure, but give those a try. :)
        good call, apparently one of the needles was bent out of shape. i have now needled it back into place. Thanks for the quick responses ;)

Comment

youre very welcome. im glad i could help. i guess im just good at guessing cause i dont really know alot about hardware :). come back anytime if you have more problems.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X