Intel Lynnfield Memory Performance Analysis

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Lynnfield Memory Performance Analysis

Just came across this really good memory roundup/test. I have been looking for an article like this for a while so I could better help people with their new builds. The conclusion of the article is pretty surprising, especially for gamers.

In the game testing, there was practicly no difference in FPS, leading to :

For that money, it's extremely difficult to recommend spending it considering additional performance can be had, for less, elsewhere in the system (an SSD for example). Our advice for gamers is to buy 1,600MHz CL9 memory, save your money and plow it into increasing the CPU frequency or, better yet, getting a faster graphics card.
    Check out the whole article here:

Intel Lynnfield Memory Performance Analysis

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Intel Lynnfield Memory Performance Analysis

Basically memory is memory.
    The Old Guy
    kin3
    sigpic

Comment

But good memory can give you more overclocking headroom which negates the point of buying a CPU with a higher clock frequency.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buckets View Post
        But good memory can give you more overclocking headroom which negates the point of buying a CPU with a higher clock frequency.
        Yes it can, but that doesn't always mean you should buy the "performance" ones or the flashy RAM sticks. Obviously I haven't OC'd my CPU yet, but I do have 2 sticks of performance RAM just in the event that I do and need to bump up my bus speed.

For most people, regular RAM is more than enough and there really isn't all that much need to get performance sticks.
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
        Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
        Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X