No announcement yet.

Minority report style PC interface.

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minority report style PC interface.

This looks pretty cool, if you had a whole room for the setup that is.

Re: Minority report style PC interface.

The downside of full arm gestures is the fatigue it causes. Chairs come with arm rests for a reason after all :)

Better for kiosks or short interactions.

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

It's cool in theory, but as said you get tired after a while. My dad wanted me to help him buy a PC last year about this time, and he saw a commercial for that HP all in one with a touch screen. He really wanted to just order it from, but I convinced him to go to Frys and play with it first. He spent 5 mins. with it and agreed with me that it is novel and cool, until you have to use it for long periods of time. I can't imagine doing a long post like the Win7 sticky thread on a touch screen. Going back and forth from keyboard to mouse is enough, don't want to even think about from the screen to keyboard back and forth.

Now maybe something like this might work better if they get voice recognition at about 99% accurate and you could rest your elbows on something and still work.

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Hard not to think of the gaming applications for the technology.LOL
        Forewarned is Forearmed

Good lord geeks are lazy.

"What? I have to move my ENTIRE ARM!!!"
          "No, you have to move both of them."

Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
          - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
          - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
          - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
          - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
          - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
          - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Good points indeed!

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed