Desktop Wireless Issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desktop Wireless Issues

I'm pulling my hair out. My family has a refurbished HP desktop for general internet use. Before a month or two, we used a Netgear USB adapter that worked fine. Here is the info on that:

At the bottom of the picture, you can see that it is connected to a wireless network within the house. I use a wired connection, and parents and relatives bring along their laptops and use the wireless without issue. I used my netbook today with no problems. Even with that, Windows shows me as "limited connectivity."

I chose the IP settings, but ended up with this result:

I have reset my router but I have no idea what to do about this. Any help or hints are well welcomed.
    I used the auto diagnose and got these options:

Re: Desktop Wireless Issues

Wait a second:

So you are using a wired and wireless connection at the same time? If so, then choose the wired one (or the wireless one) as the "limited connectivity" is probably showing because of the wireless adapter. Disable the other one that's not in use.
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

This driver looks a little newer than the one you are using based on the date.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/869

WPN111 Driver Version 2.0
      for Windows Vista / XP and 2000

* This does not support Windows 98 or Windows ME.

Software version 2.0
      Driver version 1.5.0.2102
      Utility version 1.1.0.8

Published August 27, 2007

New Features and Enhancements

1. Added support for Windows Vista

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
        Wait a second:

So you are using a wired and wireless connection at the same time? If so, then choose the wired one (or the wireless one) as the "limited connectivity" is probably showing because of the wireless adapter. Disable the other one that's not in use.
        Sorry for the confusion. My custom built PC runs wired, the refurbished HP runs wireless.

Comment

Originally posted by DrBeat View Post
          Sorry for the confusion. My custom built PC runs wired, the refurbished HP runs wireless.
          Ah. Well, try the new driver that JB4 linked to first to see if it helps.

Additionally, assuming you're on a G network, in your router's control panel, set your wireless frequency to a lower or higher band (like 1 or 11) and try to avoid any of the bands in the middle as they are often the most congested and problematic.
          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
          TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
          Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
          Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X