SSD Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSD Question

Since my new SSD is in the mail I had a question about it and Win7. Will I be able to clone my Win7 partition from my HDD to the SSD and expand the partition, or will I actually have to reinstall Win7 on the SSD to get it to recognize in Win7.

The drive being seen as an SSD is very important as I don't think Win7 enables TRIM if it doesn't.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Re: SSD Question

Depending on what you bought, the software that comes with it. mine came with cloning software so I cloned my os from my hdd to the ssd in about 10 minutes. I only have a 64 gb ssd so I stripped all that i didnt need to a some thumb drives, leaving only the os to clone. Now I run my os and a couple of games on my ssd and still have about 25 gb left, everything else runs on my regular hdd. Hope fully you bought an ssd that you can update the firmware to be able to run Trim or that has a trim utility that you can run. Windows 7 has the trim capabilities but your drive has to recognize the command. If you havent already, read up on Trim and ssd's.

Comment

Yeah I got that OCZ SSD I posted in the SSD in the news thread. With a firmware flash it will do TRIM. No TRIM was a deal breaker.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

I got this for my two SSD's: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...namitedata.com
        This is the greatest thing for installing your ssd in your desktop.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X