Best Keyboard and Mouse?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Keyboard and Mouse?

I'm looking forward to buying a keyboard and mouse. I was wondering what the best kind was. I'm kinda picky about the mouse. I don't like oversized mouses, in fact I've used a lot of netbook mouses and loved them. I kinda didn't like wired mouses because the cord would always get in the way, pull my aim slightly, sometimes even getting snagged, it's a mess. But batteries are annoying as hell. I also don't like those crazy shaped ones. A simple groove for my right hand thumb is fine but if otherwise a lefty couldn't use it it's probably a good indication I won't like it.

As for the keybord, not too picky, right now I have a Microsoft Multimedia Keyboard 1.0a and it's been fine other than the fact that I have to keep pressing the F lock button on startup and the keys have gotten sticky from me drinking and eating around it. Maybe a couple more function keys would be nice?

Anyways any recomendations? I was looking at Logitech's stuff, hopefully nothing too pricey (if anyone says Razor I'm gonna kick them in the shins :row__523: )

Re: Best Keyboard and Mouse?

Whats wrong with Razer?

Logitech is a good brand of mice of all shapes and sizes in my opinion.
    |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir-Nerd View Post
      Whats wrong with Razer?
      Razer is overpriced in my humble opinion. I saw a basic mouse that looks like a 20 year old logitech mouse, wired, nothing special for $90. Also they all come packaged at Best Buy and I haven't been able to really grip one and test it out. I really feel like you're paying for the brand name nothing else.

Comment

The Logitech G7 is a nice wireless mouse. The shape is pretty basic and the batteries swap out quickly and recharge quickly.
        |TG|Melee
        Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Comment

If it is for gaming the best i have used is the cybord keyboard and mouse

Comment

I really like my razer Lachesis. Its smooth, extremely responsive, and easily adjustable.

Comment

Originally posted by machowner View Post
              I really like my razer Lachesis. Its smooth, extremely responsive, and easily adjustable.
              I use the same mouse. I have yet to find a better replacement, it is Very responsive and I like the fact that the sensitivity buttons are right behind the middle mouse wheel. That was a useful insight.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Been using a Razer Mamba for a couple of months and the only draw back is the amount of battery life.

Maybe I just have a bad battery and should look into it.

Comment

My sidewinder X8 is the only mouse I have owned that is wireless and for gaming! Worth every penny. Great piece of kit, love it. And it blows my former copperhead out of the water, and it was great. Try and get your hands on one, don't be put of by the wireless, you can leave it plugged in if you dont trust it in FPS, but I find zero lag. The sexy magnet charger like a mac is great. Also the logitech G15 keyboard has been great!

Comment

for keyboards I loved my Zboard, and now love my Zboard Merc!
                    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Originally posted by Melee View Post
                      The Logitech G7 is a nice wireless mouse. The shape is pretty basic and the batteries swap out quickly and recharge quickly.
                      I use the G7 and have had no issues (well, very rare disconnects that is fixed by unplugging and replugging). The batteries are easy to swap; I've done so everywhere from the middle of full on 2142 scrims to in the heat of a L4D horde. Only one side button, but I've never found myself needing more. Very sensitive and precise.

Comment

I also use the Razer Lachesis and it's the best mouse I've ever used. There's no reason to go wireless if you ask me, the wire on a good gaming mouse will be long enough for it not to become an issue.

Former E1st Heavyweight

Comment

What about keyboards? Any thoughts? I'd kinda like some extra macro keys but I can just as easily do without :)

Comment

Originally posted by Sirusblk View Post
                            Razer is overpriced in my humble opinion. I saw a basic mouse that looks like a 20 year old logitech mouse, wired, nothing special for $90. Also they all come packaged at Best Buy and I haven't been able to really grip one and test it out. I really feel like you're paying for the brand name nothing else.
                            I would say, that when it come to price, Razer is usually quite similarly priced to Logitech, and when it comes to gaming usually has a better product. I've used a number of both brands, and would say I am much more inclined towards Razer. I've got a Lachesis, and I've gotta say it's the second best mouse I've ever used all around, and the best when it comes to gaming. The one negative is the ambidextrous design, but one can get used to that easily, or go with my all time favorite mouse, the Copperhead.

When it comes to keyboards I don't have as much of an opinion, I like the Lycosa quite a bit, and I am not inclined to change, but I have not tried all that many others to say mine is "the best". Logitech has some really nice ones too that I have yet to look at. Try them out in store, if it's in the box either take it out, or ask an employee.

Comment

Mouse:

I'm going to throw my vote for the Razer DeathAdder which now has a 3500DPI version. I've owned the Lachesis, Deathadder, Copperhead, and about 5 different types of Logitech mice from the G5 to the G500 and I have to say that the Razer Deathadder has to be my favorite.

I have large hands and especially a large palm and I tend to use a palm grip style which the death adder favors with it's higher arch. The Lachesis on the other-hand was extremely uncomfortable to the point where after 20-30 minutes I felt a cramping pain in my hand. The Lachesis favors a claw style grip... something that I tried to do for awhile but in the end it just didn't feel natura.

Also to add there has been many tests out there that show that optical>laser mice. So I'm sure you could google a few and pull a few up that may help your decision. If you're unsure in the end then just go to you're local best buy, etc and try a few display models yourself.

Keyboard:
                              I tend to see way to many "gaming" keyboards that have just as many pros as they do cons. If you want to go for a great keyboard that will last for years go for a good mechanical one (i.e. http://www.deckkeyboards.com/). Quality ones can run you $100+, but I have one I bought about 8 years ago and it's still going strong without much noticeable wear. I guarantee you won't be able to say that about most of the gaming keyboards out there.
                              A.E.K.Δ.B.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X