Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dropbox

[media]http://www.maximumpc.com/files/u57670/Dropbox-Review-2.jpg[/media]

I don't know if this had been mentioned but I came across this program Dropbox. So it's a host server that can host up to 3 GB of your date you upload for free ! It's so simple, it makes a sharing folder on your computer and what ever you drop in there it sync with Dropbox, and you can access that date on whatever computer you want.

I've been using it and options are endless. I find it very useful for school work ( I need to access my files in classroom to present them-no more USB,pesky mails etc.), as long as you have internet on that computer you can get what is in that folder on your home computer.Of course there are payable options as well, 50 GB for 10 $ and 100 for 20$ per month.

For every friend who joins Dropbox, I'll be given 250 MB of bonus space (up to a limit of 3 GB), as long as you follow this link:
    https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTMwODI4ODM5

I just thought I should let you guys know.

-Tim

Re: Dropbox

Most of us here know about this service and make use of it amongst others, such as Mozy.

I myself haven't started an account yet for the simple fact that 40% of the time I have no internet access and I make many file changes, sometimes to very large files.
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

As an Samsung Omnia User I like it alot- I can access Microsoft Word,PP,Exel and much more by simply connecting to the site (which loads super fast as it's intentionally plain and simple).

There I can download anything I dropped into my foler on my PC.
      For instance today I was unsure what my schedule was. Logged on the website, downloaded Excel file in seconds on my phone. Yes it does require internet, but what computer doesn't have internet these days ? Very few.

Comment

Originally posted by orpal View Post
        As an Samsung Omnia User I like it alot- I can access Microsoft Word,PP,Exel and much more by simply connecting to the site (which loads super fast as it's intentionally plain and simple).

There I can download anything I dropped into my foler on my PC.
        For instance today I was unsure what my schedule was. Logged on the website, downloaded Excel file in seconds on my phone. Yes it does require internet, but what computer doesn't have internet these days ? Very few.
        I'm a college, a poor one. I don't have a smartphone with a data plan, so no internet access there and it's a rather simple slider phone (can't even check email on it). My on-the-go computing is largely done on my netbook. And I rely on WiFi access. 60% of the time that's fine at school or at Starbucks nearby, but otherwise, if I'm traveling on a bus or train or working at some meeting location, I don't have access to free WiFi.

It's great you find it so useful and I'm sure those of us that are well connected to the internet 24/7 finds such services invaluable. Might be better than carrying a flash drive for syncing files. The only issue is slow upload times and limited storage.
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
        Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
        Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X