Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a 'not news' filter for Firefox?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a 'not news' filter for Firefox?

I was checking through the add ons for Firefox today for something that has some specific behavior.

I would like it to filter out any picture that has a name with a certain text, or links to a page with certain text in the link.

I would like it to filter out links completely that have key words as part of their name or the link they are going to.

Example: Sarah Palin is not news in my opinion, just like twitter, dancing with the stars and other newsvertisements. I'd like to be able to filter out any mention of them when browsing news sites like BBC and CNN. I've thought about using Adblock but the approach I tried is not working as I had hoped.

Anyone have a suggestion?
    |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Re: Is there a 'not news' filter for Firefox?

So are you saying that if you go to CNN and one of the daily headlines is, "Sarah Palin is still clueless" you don't even want to see the headline? I don't think that's possible. Filtering something like RSS feeds, maybe.
    [squadl]
    "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

Originally posted by SmokingTarpan View Post
      So are you saying that if you go to CNN and one of the daily headlines is, "Sarah Palin is still clueless" you don't even want to see the headline? I don't think that's possible. Filtering something like RSS feeds, maybe.
      Yes, it is very possible, I just want to know if anyone has done it already so I don't have to look into doing it myself.

I realize it would most likely not remove links embedded in Flash so it would not work for all sites. CNN might not work depending on how it displays the data, haven't checked recently. Text filters, including snipping an entire link, are possible but they don't give me the options I want.
      |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Greasemonkey should be able to do something like that, but I have no idea how to write Greasemonkey scripts...
        Become a supporting member!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X