Ati 4890?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ati 4890?

Okay looking to loose my dual 8800 gt's and go with a 1gig 4890, be en doing my homework andf its on par with the GTX 275 as far as performance so it should beat out my old pair of 8800's and is roughly $70 less than the 275 GTX. Would love to stay nvidia but I used to run ATI and loved there cards as well so the pricepoint is a factor. Also notice the ATI cards are DX10.1 while the Nvidia's are just DX10....any gain from this in the ATI corner? looking for input from the community, I wanna stay right around the 2-225 pricepoint and beat my 8800's
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Re: Ati 4890?

Hold out for a Dx11 card. Still can't go wrong with the 4890.
    Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

I use the 4890, graphics up full on all games, works great with core i7 920, 6 GB ram.
      I do not know if there is a difference between dx10.1 and 10 but the card works fine, I had to change to dx9 in a boss level in Crysis (known game bug) and did not notice any difference.

Comment

4890 is a great card and it will have somewhat of a leg up on the GXT 275 in DX11 games with its hardware tessellation. It would be a good choice but if you can hold off and save up a bit more cash, a 5850 might be a better choice.
        sigpic

Comment

I purchased a 4890 not long ago and I'm very happy with it. I ended up going with the XFX version because of the longer warranty.
          |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

I think it will be awhile before very many games go to DX11, A 4890 will be a fine choice.

Comment

I'm still on my OC'ed 4870, works great! If you still want another card, i'd wait for the 5850.

Comment

thanks for the input all.......and here is the winner......

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814150438
                "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X