Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many people here use Thunderbird for email?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many people here use Thunderbird for email?

I just got through reading this:

Thunderbird 3.0 Release Candidate Ready for Download

And was wondering if I should give it a go?
    Anyone here use Thunderbird and like it or don't like it? I actually have outlook if I want it, but not sure if I have the need for either.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: How many people here use Thunderbird for email?

I use it. I replaced Outlook 2003. Imported all my emails.

Worked out pretty nicely; you install Thunderbird (on the same machine you have Outlook), and import. Voilą.

I use it on my desktop and my netbook (Win7 64 and 32). I was even able to set the Thunderbird local folders on a network drive (so I have access to stored emails from both PCs).

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

I never really liked using Outlook (and it's not particularly secure either - but hey, it's a Microsoft product), but Thunderbird is a quite decent client and imo more convenient to use than a webmail interface, too. Haven't tried the RC yet, but the current stable is definitely nice and I'd recommend you give it a try.

Comment

I do... my university makes it so you have to take so many unnecessary steps to get into your email. With thunderbird I just open it up and my email just loads, it's great.
        A.E.K.Δ.B.

Comment

Sounds like I should give it whirl too after leaving Outlook behind and going back to webmail interfaces several years back.
          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
          TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
          Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
          Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I'm still on gmail, which is great with my droid. Built in support for notifications and easy access, so great.
            Reapator, overlord of ponies

Comment

I am using Thunderbird at home since forever (migrated from Netscape Communicator Mail to Thunderbird)
              Just checked - my oldest mail in Thunderbird is from September 2001. Will give 3.0 a try when the stable is released - don't want a beta to mess around with my old mails.
              former TacticalGamer European Division

A Tactical Gamer since 2005 (the glorious days of BF2)

Comment

I“ve used it for years and I have always been very happy with it. Tried Outlook a few years ago but it didn“t quite fit me.

I have a few plugins that are not yet compatible with the TB 3.0 version so I have to wait until they get updated.
                --
                VI VI VI - the number of the beast

Comment

I use Thunderbird, I love it.
                  I'll wait until the 3.0 is ready for general consumption though.

POE2 Developer

Comment

I've been using it for years and think it's great.

Comment

I have it deployed at the office for access to our IMAP server. I use Mulberry as a better IMAP client but it doesn't support images and is really more a power-user client for text-heavy access.

Tbird uses XULRunner as its renderer (same as Firefox) while Outlook uses the same engine as Incontinent Exploder, so you get the same greater safety from HTML-born malware when using Tbird.

IMAP is nominally server-side mail storage, but Tbird allows you to maintain a local synchronized copy, so you can work offline, such as when you're on a plane. My boss travels a lot so this is a big win for him.
                      Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

I've been using T-bird for a few years and am happy with it.
                        Become a supporting member!
                        Buy a Tactical Duck!
                        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I'm using TB 2.0.0.23 and am severely underwhelmed by the experience. UI inconsistencies, extreme slowdowns at times, and lack of plugins are all issues I've grumbled about in the past. I'm planning on giving Gmail Offline a shot. My only concern -- and the reason I may have to stick with TB or equivalent -- is routinely using two separate gmail accounts. Haven't found an elegant way to handle that with just web-based tools.

Who needs a life when you can have a heavy bolter?
                          --BlackMirror
                          <23:03:38> "|TG|Smachin<BF Admin>" was kicked from the server by "|TG-70th| Zhohar" (UNDERAGE ban.)
                          Anything over $600, and it would be pointless to try and reason with Grandma
                          --Blackraven93

Comment

Just released:
                            Thunderbird 3: Free email application ready for download

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Pretty slick so far. I have to get used to having the delete button on the message header instead of on the toolbar up top.

I also need to change my Gmail accounts from POP3 to IMAP.
                              Become a supporting member!
                              Buy a Tactical Duck!
                              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X