New MP3 PLayer, crapper earbuds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New MP3 PLayer, crapper earbuds

I inherited my sister's old MP3 player when she got a new one, the ear pieces are hard and uncomfortable, so i need a new pair.

Anyone have a recommendation for a pair of earphones/buds that are comfortable and of decent quality. I'm not an audiophile so sound quality isn't the major issue. They need to be rugged and go for around 40$ or less.

I'm opting for the Razer Moray, but I might as well brand the Razer logo on me since i already have enough of their products.

Any ideas.
    |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Re: New MP3 PLayer, crapper earbuds

I borrowed a friends pair of these: JBuds J3 Micro Atomic In-Ear Earphones while I awaited for my new set to arrive. They seemed good enough; decent sound quality (I prefer tons of bass for all the euphonium/tuba crap I listen to), they fit nicely in my ears also.

Comment

if you can get a hold of a pair of skull candy's for 15 bucks or so.... you will be very pleased. Wal-mart had them forever, but i think staples and the like are your best bet now to get a pair. I have a 40.00 pair of Sony's that i love... and use for everyday stuff. I have a pair of shure's I would recommend, but i think even the e2c's are 100.00.
      Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
      The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

If you want to be able to hear well in the future, get some headphones. In-ear headphones are really bad for your long-term hearing.

Former E1st Heavyweight

Comment

I'd also recommend the JLAB JBuds J3 IEPs. You can find them at Amazon for around $30 with free shipping. Also comes with a nice carrying case, various sized tips, and I believe a microfiber cleaning cloth. Alternatively, the J2's are now $15 and are a decent upgrade from stock earbuds.

If you're looking for something cheaper, the MEelectronics M9's are pretty decent: http://www.meelec.com/MEElectronics_...e-aim9-mee.htm. Here's a review of the M9's at Head-Fi. About halfway down the first post.

I'd stay clear away from the $15 Skullcandy's recommended above. They're not worth the price in my opinion for slightly-better-than-stock sound quality.
          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
          TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
          Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
          Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by 1er View Post
            If you want to be able to hear well in the future, get some headphones. In-ear headphones are really bad for your long-term hearing.
            Not necessarily true. In fact, with the noise isolation properties of the in-canal speakers, you're able to listen at a lower volume, which is good for your long term hearing.
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
              Not necessarily true. In fact, with the noise isolation properties of the in-canal speakers, you're able to listen at a lower volume, which is good for your long term hearing.
              I think he is referring to me being the typical teen that blasts their music so loud the neighbors can hear it. I'm not like that, i listen to music at levels that don't damage hearing, I'm the same way with my video games.
              |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X