Microphone Troubles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microphone Troubles

Ok guys this is the deal. I was playing PR and someone mentioned that i was really quiet which was weird because the day before i was fine. I figured maybe my mic wasnt close enough or something like that so i put it right up to my mouth and when it was like half an inch from my mouth the volume was good, however i could hear myself talking all of a sudden and its done this before but to fix it i just muted stereo mix.

However I went into realteks audio interface thing and i hit stereo mix mute and the volume didnt go up so i put on mic boost, but now its so sensitive that you can hear things like mouse clicks, pressing on the keyboard, even music from my headset when the volume is low. And this is happening with stereo mix off which is how i fixed it the first time.

So ive played with every button in the realtek thing and nothing is helping. Its also making little popping noises and its not just this headset as ive tried my other two and its the same thing for each one... Any ideas or suggestions is appreciated

Thanks,
    Gi
    sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Re: Microphone Troubles

Your mic is too close to your speakers. It's causing feedback due to close proximity. Move your mic or your speakers away from each other. That should solve your "hearing yourself echo" issue.

As for you being too soft over TS, make sure your mic jack is plugged in all the way. Additionally, if you are running Vista or Windows 7, right-click your "volume" icon in your system tray and go to "Open Volume Mixer". If you see a microphone icon, move the slider under it all the way up to the top. Hopefully that should help. Otherwise, it's most likely something on the other person's end or a microphone starting to go bad.
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Ive already done that but thanks for the response. It just randomly started being to quiet and when i go into realtek and hit mike boost it comes back nice and clear, but i have to crank the mic volume slider and that causes a slight fuzzing sound and a crackly low over all sound quality.

My microphone is part of my headset so there is nothing i can do about the echoing unfortuanately. The biggest problem is that i can hear myself which i fixed last time by muting stereo mix but for some reason this time its not doing anything.
      sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Do you have X-Fire running? If so your mike settings there maybe on voice activated.
        The Old Guy
        kin3
        sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse