Battlefield Bad company 2 help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield Bad company 2 help

I have a mac pro the 15 inch. I know I can't play any PC games except if I install bootcamp.
    the deal is that I only have windows XP. Which is a minimum requirement. Of course I want a windows 7 but no money. So if i run BFBC2 with windows xp in a mac, will it run good?

Re: Battlefield Bad company 2 help

Dark, there are a lot of versions of mac pro out there with different parts inside. You would have to tell us the parts before we could offer any ideas, but I'm guessing you aren't really going to enjoy playing. The game looks like it will need a good system, and mac laptops aren't known for their gaming abilities. Could be you get it to run with everything set to low.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

well here is the link of the mac i bought
      http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Apple%26...&skuId=9375099

I heard some people say games runs smoothly but I have an XP os and if I use that I think it would not run good or could it???

Comment

Its impossible to say for sure as no one has experience with the game on XP or on a MAC running XP.

BUT, from the hardware specs it should run okay.
        |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

It should run on lowish I am guessing...but damn 2 grand for that? That just blows my mind.

Comment

Well I'm use to running low settings. Yep 2000 US dollars. I have enough for that but not a 200 dollar windows 7. Its a mystery isn't it. Well is it the specs that will make it run on low settings or the XP???

Comment

Both

The hardware can run it at high settings, but will run a good bit slower. Depending on your preference you will find which settings to lower to make game play to your liking.

XP only has support for DX9, so you will not be able to enable effects which depend upon later versions of DX to operate.
              |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

In game mode, it will use the 9600GT M, which is a decent card for Battlefield 2, but not going to be very good for Bad Company 2. The games will come out what, like 4-5 years apart.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

So the only way to get good gaming experience with graphics is just buy a new computer. I used to play COD4 on everything so low it started to mess with the gameplay. I also though the graphics in my MAC were good but never mind. But how well would it be if I have windows 7 or no change at all. I still wish I could have good graphics though.

Comment

He can't run BC2 on high settings, not with a 9600GT M core and only 256 MB of VRAM. I would say medium-low/medium would be the performance he'll be able to squeeze out of the game and that would be at a resolution of 1024 x 768. If he plans on running it at the native resolution of 1366 x 768, then medium might still chug along during some scenes for firefights.

There minimum system requirements for BC2 states a 7800GT / X1900 with at least 256 MB of VRAM. The 9600GT M is roughly equivalent to a desktop 9500GT.
                    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Yes, to play any future games, you will need something else.
                      Have you ever seen one of Mac's stupid commercials saying anything about their gaming abilities? Because that is because they spam us with funny commercials about the few things they do better than PC.

My new commercial for those that will get it:

"Windows 7 playing the latest games, that was my idea" :D

You could always buy a high end Mac desktop, then you could get at least a decent Nvidia card for it, but still not as good as a high end PC.

Man, for $2,000 you could have had an AMAZING PC laptop that could have played BF2:BC

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

I would not count on the version of windows you use making a significant difference.

BFBC2 should be able to be "run"(the settings can be selected and the game loaded) at high settings unless it specifically requires a certain amount of VRAM, shaders, or something which I don't think anyone knows about. Whether or not its playable is different. I'll bet that most would agree it is not playable. Hope that makes my point more clear.

You could try selling your mac on craigslist as people list them on there for pretty silly prices considering their age. Not sure if anyone buys them though.
                        |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

yeah no problems maybe santa will get me a alienware lol. Well i could always save up money at a job. I'm young, I don't have any bills yet so maybe I can get a computer that is worthy. I still don't know the difference between a good one or what they said to be good. Mac gets the job done but no fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstar77 View Post
                            yeah no problems maybe santa will get me a alienware lol. Well i could always save up money at a job. I'm young, I don't have any bills yet so maybe I can get a computer that is worthy. I still don't know the difference between a good one or what they said to be good. Mac gets the job done but no fun.
                            I have looked at alienware but feel they are a bit overpriced. I might be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by seg[TDev] View Post
                              I have looked at alienware but feel they are a bit overpriced. I might be wrong.
                              You are very correct sir!!!!!!!

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X