Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Laptop Question

Hello,
    I am really considering this laptop = http://shop.bjs.com/HP-15-6--34--Pav...VVviewprod.htm and would appreciate some help deciding.

The 1 GB dedicated video RAM got my attention and the price for that exact laptop at my local BJ's is $599 after rebate. Sounds good to me.

My main question is, will I be happy with the processor? The most intense thing I plan to do with it is BF:BC2 which calls for a "Core 2 Duo @ 2.0GHz" processor. I don't know about the real comparison for AMD vs. Intel. I'm running 2142 on a 3-4 year old AMD desktop and was doing fine with that, but want a laptop. :)

Thanks in advance!

sigpic
    "The true genius shudders at incompleteness - and usually prefers silence to saying
    something which is not everything it should be." Edgar Allan Poe

Re: AMD Laptop Question

It looks good. The BC2 requirements might state "Core 2 Duo", but in actually, any modern dual-core will suffice. The Turion II @ 2.3 GHz is enough to let you play BC2.
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

It's 1GB of video RAM on a pretty weak graphics card though. But depending on what you want to do with it, it might be good enough. Here's a comparison of laptop video cards: http://www.notebookcheck.net/Compari...rds.130.0.html

The 4650 falls somewhere in the upper half of the second tier. Should be good enough to play BF:BC2.

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
        It looks good. The BC2 requirements might state "Core 2 Duo", but in actually, any modern dual-core will suffice. The Turion II @ 2.3 GHz is enough to let you play BC2.
        That's what I was hoping! I thank you for the clarification.

Originally posted by sordavie View Post
        It's 1GB of video RAM on a pretty weak graphics card though. But depending on what you want to do with it, it might be good enough. Here's a comparison of laptop video cards: http://www.notebookcheck.net/Compari...rds.130.0.html

The 4650 falls somewhere in the upper half of the second tier. Should be good enough to play BF:BC2.
        Yeah, I knew I wouldn't be getting top-of-the-line. Thanks for the useful link!

sigpic
        "The true genius shudders at incompleteness - and usually prefers silence to saying
        something which is not everything it should be." Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X