laptop battery problem::::

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• laptop battery problem::::

when i bought my laptop, i had a 40 gb 4000+ rpm and the batteries are standard issue so that means it will hibernate at 5% battery life.

recently i bought a 60 gb hard drive with 7200 rpm....the battery will NOT last after 30% battery life. why is that? why can't the percentage just speed up instead of shutting down on me unwarned?

Re: laptop battery problem::::

You probably need to recalibrate the battery indicator. It means turning off any battery saving features and discharging the battery completely (use the laptop until it runs out of power). Then the battery indicator should know how to tell you how much time is left.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Originally posted by =Sarc=
      You probably need to recalibrate the battery indicator. It means turning off any battery saving features and discharging the battery completely (use the laptop until it runs out of power). Then the battery indicator should know how to tell you how much time is left.

so you mean test run it and just let the battery seep out (knowing the fact that you will be shutting down the computer illegally). then it will "reconfig" to my hard drive's battery usage and all?

i mean, it makes sense to me but is that wut ur trying to say?

Comment

its called "refreshing", and it takes 4 or 5 times at best to make it work....... but yeah, the mem on the batt is wrong
        Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
        The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Originally posted by Nightfire
          (knowing the fact that you will be shutting down the computer illegally).
          A windows machine going offline without the proper shut-down proceedure does not cause any permanent harm.

Now, Linux on the other hand...

Comment

soo....do you guys just suggest that i don't run anything nor power saving feature? let window reconfigure its battery default life-line and go from there on out?

Comment

many laptop manufacturers provide a "battery calibration" program that handles the complete discharge gracefully.
              "Hardly used" will not fetch a better price for your brain.

Comment

i have a hewlett-packard pavilion zv5000

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse