Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A64

yes...the stupid limey brought one!

and so far its great! totaly untweaked and unoverclocked and im only 1k away from Spectre's ;)

I DID take pictures while i was building it, but, as i was rushing, the bloody things are blury or not even pointing at the object! Havnt even got a clue what the stepping codes are etc.

Totaly aircooled atm too, while i work out something for modding a Socket A block for Socket 754... I had to remove my shim from my ATI to aircool it, so there might be a bigger overclock from that once im ready.

Realy quiet too, only problem is the ATI fan, its dried up being on my shelf for 8ish months and theres no hole to oil the stupid thing.. :evil:

A goodish feature is the speed fan settings on the Asus...under 39c and the CPU fan doesnt even spin :shock: CPU temp is 38c max load so i had to turn that feature off realy. because it would turn the fan off, then on once it reached 55 or whatever it was, then it would turn off again... not good, constant fan speed is better i think.

One problem is during post/boot up the HDD powers down, then up quickly...kinda like how sucky Nvidias IDE drivers did..when they released a set i dont think they even tested hmm.

The main problem now though...is modding some sort of plate for attaching a waterblock to it...but, with xmas coming ive started full time, so i wont get a chance to play with it DOH!

anyway 8)

highly recommended for anyone with a major system overhaul soon... Best CPU/Overall ive had (and yes i have had intels :P Paul)
    From Adam Webb

which cpu is this again FX?

Comment

Round one... FIGHT! ;)

Comment

arrrrg another scary sig

my Barton rig has changed cases and is now as good as dead for some strange reason... Max uptime, 5minutes hmmmmmmm
        From Adam Webb

Comment

Originally posted by Emanon
          which cpu is this again FX?
          hehe atm there is 2 core and 3 different names.

Athlon 64 FX and Opteron are both the same chips, apart from the fact the FX is aimed at home users.

Both use Socket 940, Dual Channel REGISTERD ram.

The Athlon 64 FX will get a socket change next year to make it use normal dual Channel ram, and cheaper.

I have an Athlon 64, which uses socket 754, and single channel ram. Its the "cheaper" one but still cost more than an P4 3200 :shock:
          From Adam Webb

Comment

:)
            From Adam Webb

Comment

You're crazy :o

Comment

its not watercooled though :(

at least its all clean though... no pipes everywhere :)
                From Adam Webb

Comment

That's a thing of beauty lag...(get some transparent side panels and some neon in there now! :))
                  "Well axiom is from Russia...because his name sort of sounds like Axis." -Yellow-Asterisk

Comment

Nah...windows and neon are SOOO 2002. Button it up in a 4U server case and rack-mount that puppy...now THATS hardcore! ;)

Comment

All this processor talk has lost me.. I am after a new CPU with $200 or $300 to spend on it, what should I go for and will my coolermaster HHC support it while I contemplate liquid cooling ?

I have MSI K7N2 mainboard will this need changing as well?

Comment

any athlon xp will fit nicely in that mobo..... I have 2 for sale

an XP 2500+ and an XP 2200+

you could get both for under 200....... but I'm sure these would not be an upgrade for you..... but yes, the hsf you have would be sufficient.
                        Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
                        The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

yeah, the K7N2 is a Nforce2 chipset and the board should support 400fsb chips, so thats ALL socket A chips.

Get a new XP2500 barton and clock it to 3200....sorted :)

and Vapor... if you get watercooling get the real deal... Swiftech or Dangerden. Get a heatercore from a scrap yard and you have a watercooling system for under 90 (40+ for waterblock, 30 for pump)
                          From Adam Webb

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X