3rd times hopefully the charm with headphones for SB X-FI Sound Card

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd times hopefully the charm with headphones for SB X-FI Sound Card

Well many of you PR players here at TG know the little debacle I've been in for the past 2 weeks, my father who isn't computer savvy (to his credit he only started using email about 4 years ago), and while watching a Division 1 Hockey game on the computer here at home and using the USB headphones w/mic I bought (2nd pair this year) decided to get up and walkaway with them still on (maybe the sound quality was better than I thought) and in the process well, basically ripped out one of the USB ports in the back. Thank heavens he didn't pull out the back.

So for the past 1.5 weeks I have been stuck using a old crappy logitech headphone w/mic and haven't had any luck really communicating with anyone in game or in general.

So, after researching a bit and trying to get the most out of the Fatil1ty soundcard I bought from a fellow TG'er over the summer, I decided to go with the Fatil1ty HS-800 gaming headset (non-USB). Hopefully it arrives before xmas or on the 24th and we shall see how it runs. It should run perfectly well, even more than well, but my luck since installing BF2 in 2005 with headphones has been horrible. Either I wear them out or the mic itself goes kaput. Hopefully going with the same name as my SC has on the front will do the trick and I can for once experience what this 5.1 Surround Sound stuff is all about.
    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
    Level II Volunteer FireFighter
    Level I HazMat Technician
    NYS EMT-B
    Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
    RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
    Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
    Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
    We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Re: 3rd times hopefully the charm with headphones for SB X-FI Sound Card

Good luck to you!
    I had to give up for now on my Creative Labs sound card.
    After an update in Windows 7 I couldn't diagnose the problem and I miss my front bay where I could put my headset without having to mess around in the back every time I want to use a headset.

Comment

Amu, this MAY help you mate......

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/hardwar...ml#post1407054

Comment

Originally posted by Delta*RandyShugart* View Post
        mumble mumble mumble

What? You need to type louder because I can't hear anything!
        |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X