Home Security Camera System

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Security Camera System

Has anyone had any experience with installing their own system?
    My uncle recently had one of his dogs poisoned and he wants to see what's going on in his yard as people walk by in the neighborhood.

Being able to access the system remote location is a must and a high resolution for identifying culprits is on the top of the list. Your assistance is much appreciated.

Re: Home Security Camera System

I bought a LTS similar to this one:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16881381067

At the end of the day, it is cheaper than the comp needed for a computer based DVR, and I still get IR-lit 0-lux cams, remote viewing, and decent motion record.

Impossible to do with the sub $150 IP cams.

Only bad things are it's still SD analogue cameras, and the Camera Power supply on mine was cheap and blew out pretty fast, bought a better quality one at the electronics store.

A single high-rez IP PTZ cam from Panasonic would be me recommendation if you needed quality. But you will blow about $300+ just for that one unit. Software might be extra.

Comment

Saw this on Gizmodo:

http://gizmodo.com/5432190/swann-dvr...hone-streaming

Comment

i have them all around my house.. if you want it for security(not just whats happening in front of your house) you need to check for blind spots and hide them well so no one sees them. i just hooked them up to a 30" tv so i can get all 10 of them in nice and big.

off course this all costs some serious money, so you could just buy one or two wireless cams and put them somewhere upfront. wireless is so much easier. also u should get them in infrared

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X