Clean up after Vista re-install?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clean up after Vista re-install?

I had to re-install the OS after a recent up grade and am curious how to clean up the "debris" after the process. I have windows folders on both drives (D is bootable, C is my RAID) and a windows.old folder on the D drive. Between all the windows folders they are claiming nearly 30 gbs, how do I remove and consolidate this mess?
    Forewarned is Forearmed

Re: Clean up after Vista re-install?

"windows old " saves your windows stuff just in case you forgot to back up your wanted files. If you dont need any of it just delete it. All of your apps needed to be reinstalled so you dont need them, just make sure you look through it . I would use a disk wiper program and run it on your drive, just a single wipe shoud do.

Comment

I tried to delete it and can't, tried changing the attributes, compressing and renaming, and nothing has worked. It acts like I'm trying to erase the OS.
      Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

download the free copy of Acronis True Image 2010 and wipe the drive clean

Comment

Maybe before you do that remind yourself if you saved your web bookmarks and deauthorized your iTunes music. Those are the two I always forget.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X