Blurry hdmi

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blurry hdmi

Hello. For Christmas I got an xbox 360. When choosing a place to set it up, I decided to set it up on my computer desk so I can use a splitter and have live because of lack of wifi. My computer monitor is an hp w2207h LCD monitor that has support for the regular monitor plug in (which my computer uses) and then an hdmi plug in (looks like a USB plug in but is longer and skinnier). The monitor came with the hdmi cable so I plugged it in and then plugged the other end into my xbox into the hdmi slot. Everything seemed fine until I popped in good old modern warefare 2 and started up a match and noticed thatit was extremely blurry. I went to system settings and turned hdmi on on the xbox but still no luck. Does anyone know how I can fix this? It would be a major help.

Thanks in advance,
    Twiddilywink

Re: Blurry hdmi

The monitor, should have a native resolution of 1680 x 1050 or 16/10 versus the 16/9 aspect of 720 or 1080.

In short because the monitor does not truly support HD there will be some clipping stretching and distortion (fuzziness) to the image... I would try a few different setting (720 versus 1080) and see if it improves, otherwise you may need a new monitor for ideal results, another thing to try would be sitting farther away from the screen, that should also trick the eye into better clarity.

~ Draken

Comment

Okay, i'll try using 720. Thanks for the help. Hopefully it works haha.

Comment

Yeah otherwise like I said sit a little farther back... Past 8 feet or so the human eye shouldn't really be able to tell much of a difference with only a 22 inch screen. Yeah I know it is hard to see that far back, but hey it won't be as fuzzy!

Comment

Haha well the 720 helped a bit, but i just got used to it. I guess ill just do this until i get the wifi fixed lol.

Thanks a lot for the help though.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X